Compare Motorcycle Courier insurance quotes now
Cheap Motorcycle Courier Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Quick and easy to use found what I was looking for and saved £150 on my renewal quote
, United Kingdom
, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2079 customer reviews
Is it important to compare motorcycle courier insurance?
Motorcycle Courier Insurance can be expensive and it is difficult to find a competitive policy if you are a courier, and even more difficult if your vehicle is a motorbike. However, some motorcycle insurance policies for couriers are great value, so you need to compare bike courier insurance as much as you can.
Whether you’re a part-time or full-time motorcycle courier, it’s vital to have insurance that meets your needs. Any policy you choose should give you the confidence and peace of mind of knowing you can get help when you need it most – here’s what to think about.
What is motorcycle courier insurance?
It’s an insurance policy that’s specifically designed to meet the needs of motorcycle couriers.
Standard motorcycle insurance won’t cover you when you’re delivering goods for customers, so a motorcycle courier insurance policy is designed to take into account the increased risk of an accident occurring because of the nature of your job. For example, you’ll usually cover a lot more miles than a normal motorbike rider, be riding in all weathers and working to a tight schedule – all of which can lead to an accident.
Do I need courier motorcycle insurance?
If you’re using your motorcycle to deliver items or food in exchange for money, then you’ll need motorcycle courier insurance.
Even if you have standard motorcycle cover in place already, you’ll still need an additional policy that covers you during your courier journeys. Standard cover generally only insures you to ride for social or domestic reasons or for commuting to a single place of work.
Delivering goods without specialist motorcycle courier insurance can invalidate any standard motorbike insurance policy you do have. Ultimately, this means your insurer can refuse to compensate you if you have an accident, and you could also be charged with ‘driving without insurance’.
What does courier motorcycle insurance cover?
What’s covered will depend on the level of cover you choose and any other features included in the policy. The different levels of cover are:
- Third party only – compensates other people for injury or damage to their property in the event of an accident. This is the minimum amount of cover you can have by law, but it won’t cover the cost of damage to your own motorcycle.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only cover and will also cover costs if your motorcycle is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third party, fire and theft cover and will also pay to repair or replace your motorcycle if you have an accident – even if you’re deemed to be at fault.
Some insurers will also let you add on extra features, for example:
- Legal expenses cover – pays for legal advice and court costs if you need to defend yourself or make a claim against someone else.
- Public liability cover – compensates other people for accidental injury or damage you cause in relation to your work. For example, if someone tripped over parcels you unloaded and broke their ankle.
Does motorcycle courier insurance cover the items I carry?
This depends on the terms and conditions set out in the policy. Some motorcycle courier insurance automatically includes an add-on known as goods in transit insurance, which would offer cover for the goods you deliver.
However, if your policy doesn’t include this add-on you can choose to take it out separately (assuming you need it, of course – fast food might not require goods in transit cover because it isn’t particularly valuable, whereas if you’re delivering parcels it might be a good idea to add this to you motorcycle courier insurance).
How much does motorcycle courier insurance cost?
How much you pay for motorcycle courier insurance varies depending on a number of reasons, for example:
- Your motorcycle – generally, more powerful motorcycles cost more to insure because they’re expensive to repair and are considered a greater target to thieves.
- Your age and riding experience – if you’re an experienced rider you can expect to pay less than a newly qualified motorcyclist.
- Your claims history – recent claims made in the last five years can push up premiums.
- Your location – if you live and work in a busy or congested area, you can expect to pay more as there’s (potentially) a greater chance of an accident happening.
When you search for policies, bear in mind that insurers set their own terms and conditions so it’s a good idea to double check exactly what is and isn’t included. Cheap motorcycle courier insurance might well look like a bargain but there may be all sorts of limits and exclusions – events that aren’t covered.
Cheap policies could also have high excesses – this is the amount you need to pay in order to proceed with a claim. A very high excess can lower your overall premium but if you can’t afford it, your claim won’t go ahead.
On the other hand, pricier looking policies could offer more comprehensive coverage with a greater number of features and a lower excess – giving you better value for money.