Cheap Deliveroo Insurance
Compare Deliveroo insurance quotes for your delivery car, vans, motorbike or bicycle with Quotezone.co.uk
Offering flexibility and variety, the gig economy definitely has its perks. But if you’re taking the opportunity to earn a bit extra on the side either as a Deliveroo or other fast-food courier, then it’s important that you’re covered for the work you do. Here’s what to consider in order to ensure you’ve got the protection you need.
Do I need fast food insurance for Deliveroo?
If you’re a Deliveroo or other takeaway driver, you’ll need food courier cover which is a type of hire and reward insurance. These policies cover the activities you carry out as a Deliveroo courier and take into account the risks you face such as:
- Working to tight schedules.
- Driving in all weathers.
- Delivering food usually at night.
I already have car cover, why do I need Deliveroo insurance?
Standard car insurance typically covers driving for social, domestic and pleasure uses; you’ll also often be insured to commute to a single place a work. Using your car to deliver food for Deliveroo in exchange for payment falls outside of this scope so you’re not covered if you have an accident.
If you don’t have a policy that covers the activities you do, you could invalidate any policy you do have. It means you’ll be responsible for the cost of repairs to your own vehicle and could be held accountable for damage done to someone else’s property too.
What does Deliveroo car insurance cover?
What’s included depends on the specific policy you buy but you’ll be able to choose from one of three levels of cover:
- Third party only – this is the minimum level of cover you can have by law and compensates other people for injuries or damage you cause. It’s important to remember that third party only won’t pay to repair your vehicle.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only and also covers the cost if your car is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third party, fire and theft cover and will also compensate you if your own car is damaged in an accident – even if the accident is your fault. This is the highest level of cover available.
When you’ve chosen the level of cover that’s right for you, you’ll usually have the opportunity to add on other features too, for example:
- Breakdown cover.
- Courtesy car.
- Legal expenses cover to pay for professional advice or court costs.
- Public liability cover which compensates other people for injury or damage that might have occurred because of work.
Can you buy Deliveroo motorbike insurance?
You can – and in many ways it’s very similar to Deliveroo car insurance policies so you’ll be able to choose the level of cover along with optional extras too. When you start a price comparison with us, you’ll be asked for the details of the vehicle you’ll be using so you can be confident about getting the right policy for your needs.
How much is Deliveroo insurance?
Premiums for Deliveroo insurance vary by insurer and will influenced by a number of factors including:
- The vehicle you drive – as well as being a target for thieves, newer, more expensive or powerful cars often mean higher repair costs which can push up premiums.
- The miles you do – the more you cover, the greater the risk of an accident which is likely to increase the cost of cover.
- Your age – younger drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident which is reflected in premiums.
- Your claims history – a recent claim can push up the price and so can points on your licence.If you’re only doing Deliveroo work on the side, it can be tempting to opt for the cheapest policy on offer. But before price becomes the overriding factor, double check the terms and conditions set out in any policy.
Cheap policies might come with numerous limits and exclusions – which are events that aren’t covered. On the other hand, pricier policies may have fewer limitations giving you more comprehensive coverage and better overall value for money.
Compare Deliveroo food delivery insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we understand how important it is to find the cover you need at a fair and affordable price. We also understand the last thing you want to do is spend hours trawling through different sites to find the best deal. That’s why we work with a panel of trusted providers bringing you both great choice and great value. By comparing quotes now you stand a better chance of finding cheap Deliveroo insurance for your food delivery service.