Compare courier fleet insurance quotes now
Cheap Courier Fleet Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Very helpful web. Thank you
Dagenham, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2194 customer reviews
Is Courier Fleet insurance a better option than insuring each vehicle individually?
If you have over 3 vehicles, you may benefit from courier fleet insurance, rather than buying single policies for each vehicle. Whether it is bike courier insurance, van courier insurance or car courier insurance that you need, getting fleet courier insurance to cover all vehicles may be more cost effective for your business.
Running a fleet of courier vehicles is a big responsibility which means it’s vital to have insurance that you can rely on. To protect yourself and your business, here’s what to think about when it comes to finding courier fleet insurance.
What is courier fleet insurance?
It’s a type of fleet insurance that is specifically designed to insure a fleet of courier vehicles (as opposed to company cars, for example).
Depending on the fleet courier policy you choose, your can be covered if your vans, cars or the goods you’re carrying are damaged or stolen in transit.
Why do I need courier fleet van insurance?
Fleet insurance for couriers takes into account the increased risk of an accident happening because of the nature of the job. For instance, it’s highly likely that your employees will be making multiple deliveries in all weathers and will be working to tight schedules. Carrying goods can also make courier vans a greater target to thieves which is another factor insurers will consider.
In most cases, standard commercial van insurance is unlikely to cover your courier activities. Without appropriate insurance any policy you have could be invalidated which means your insurer could refuse to pay out if an incident occurred.
What does courier fleet insurance include?
Policies are often a combination of different types of insurance – allowing you to create a package that suits your courier business needs exactly.
One of the first decisions you’ll need to make is the level of van cover, choose from:
- Third party only – covers damage done to other people and their property. This is the minimum level of cover you can have by law but it’s important to remember that third party only does not compensate you for damage done to your own vehicles.
- Third party, fire and theft – provides third party only cover and will also compensate you if vehicles in your fleet are stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – this includes third party, fire and theft cover and will also pay to fix your vehicle in the event of an accident. This is the highest level of protection you can get.
On top of your van insurance or car insurance for your fleet of vehicles, you might also be given the opportunity to add on other features, such as:
- Breakdown cover – in case of roadside emergencies.
- Courtesy van – if one of yours is being repaired.
- Carriage of goods for hire and reward – this is a type of goods in transit insurance which covers the items you’re delivering and compensates you for loss, damage or theft.
- Public liability insurance – compensates other people if your business causes injury or damage to their property. For example, if a courier unloads boxes which someone trips over, hurting themselves.
- Employers’ liability insurance – provides compensation for employees if they become sick or are injured through work. If you have any members of staff, even part time or temporary employees then you’ll need this by law.
- Legal expenses – this pays for legal advice if you need to claim for damages or if someone takes you to court.
Some policies will include some, all or even more features so it’s vital to check the terms of your policy so you know exactly what is and isn’t covered.
How much is courier fleet insurance in the UK?
Insurers calculate premiums based on risk, so the greater the risk of theft, damage or an accident occurring, the higher you can expect your premium to be. Some of the factors insurers will consider include:
- The value of items – carrying high value items is likely to increase your premium.
- The number of vehicles you want to insure – the more vehicles you insure, the higher the cost but you’ll usually be given a discount for each additional vehicle you add to a policy.
- The type of vans in your fleet – larger or more powerful vans will typically cost more to insure.
- Your location – if you’re based in an urban area with lots of traffic you may pay more compared to courier businesses based in rural or less congested areas.
- Your claims history – a claim made in the last five years could impact the cost of your premium.
Of course, when you’re running a business, it’s important to get the best value for money – which isn’t always the cheapest you can find.
Cheap courier fleet insurance might come with a number of conditions or even exclusions – events that are not covered. There could also be a high excess, which is the amount you have to pay in order for any claim to go ahead. A high excess can lower the overall premium but if your business can’t afford it, it’s a false economy.
On the other hand, policies that appear expensive might include more features as standard, have fewer exclusions and a lower excess, making it better value.
Search for courier fleet insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we understand that running your own business is tough enough so let do the searching for you. We work with a number of trusted insurers so you can be confident about getting a great deal on the essential cover you need.
So far, we’ve helped more than three million happy customers find protection and peace of mind – join them and start your quote for courier fleet insurance right here.