Taxi USP v2
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Taxi Related Products v2
I found the site very easy to use and would recommend to friends and family.James, United Kingdom
Reviews.co.uk, 29 May 2014
Leadgen - Taxi Body v2
Compare taxi insurance quotes from UK insurance providers
Finding UK taxi insurance might seem difficult - but Quotezone could help you find a low cost taxi policy just by filling out a short and simple form.
Compare Taxi Insurance with Quotezone
If you are a taxi driver or run a taxi firm, it’s important to find the best type of insurance to suit your needs and protect you against all eventualities. Depending on the insurer, there are a number of cover options to consider when looking for the best deal such as personal accident or public liability cover, as well as legal protection for the driver. Therefore, it could be ideal to compare taxi insurance from a number of insurance providers to find a cheap taxi insurance policy to suit you.
Finding cheap taxi insurance could be made quick and easy with Quotezone
Whether you drive a saloon, black cab or MPV, we could compare taxi quotes that could save you money. Our panel of UK taxi insurance providers can cater for both private hire insurance or public hire insurance to ensure you get the appropriate level of cover.
How does it work?
Simply fill out one short form and we’ll attempt to match you with a member of our insurance provider panel - all you have to do is sit back and wait for their call, when you can then discuss a tailored taxi insurance quote to suit your individual circumstances.
Why not try Quotezone to compare taxi quotes?
Take advantage of an impartial taxi comparison – insuring your taxi cab may cost a lot less than you think. Whether you are a cab driver, or a taxi fleet owner, our panel of taxi insurance providers may be able to offer you a great price. Finding black cab, saloon or MPV insurance doesn’t have to be hard work.
For your peace of mind, we are based in the UK and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation. End your insurance search here and use Quotezone to compare taxi policies from our panel of UK insurance providers and you could get a great deal on your taxi insurance.
Taxi Insurance Guide
Taxi drivers tend to drive long hours and long distances, often at night, and often in inner-city areas. As a result insurance companies could consider this a high-risk kind of driving, and premiums may be adjusted accordingly. The higher cost of UK taxi insurance versus standard car insurance, combined with the importance of having good coverage, could mean it is essential for drivers to take the time to compare taxi insurance thoroughly and find a policy that works for them.
Private Versus Public Taxi Insurance
Public taxis are those which could be hailed on the street and don't necessarily need to be booked in advance. These taxis are much more likely to spend significant amounts of time on busy streets in inner-city areas. As a result they may be considered higher risk, and premiums could be higher.
Taxis that are used exclusively for customers who book their journeys in advance are classed as private taxis. Taxi insurance companies could consider these cars lower risk than public taxis, which may mean they have lower premiums. When getting quotes, taxi drivers must be careful to disclose which kind of taxi they drive, as it could significantly affect the premium quotes they receive.
Levels of Coverage
Taxi insurance provides three levels of coverage, just as standard car insurance does: third party, third party, fire and theft, and comprehensive cover. Comprehensive insurance provides the most protection, but is typically the most expensive. Third party insurance may be described as the minimum required by UK law.
Taxi drivers could also choose between a named or an all-driver policy. A named policy may be suitable for an individual driver who only needs insurance for themselves and their own vehicle; an all-driver policy is typically more suitable for a fleet.
An increasingly-popular option is telematics, or black box policies, which use a black box device to monitor driving habits and adjust premiums accordingly.
Special Coverage and Optional Extras
Taxi drivers could choose to include some optional coverage levels in their policies.
- Windscreen coverage may be included with some policies, but could also be added as an optional extra.
- Breakdown assistance may provide help when the taxi breaks down.
- Onward transfer insurance may provide transportation for passengers who are in the taxi when it breaks down.
- Home start assistance could be provided when the taxi is at the driver's home when it breaks down or won't start.
- Public liability may be important because the taxi is classed as a place of work, and the driver is responsible for their passengers.
- Legal assistance might provide coverage for legal expenses if the taxi driver is in an accident and must take legal action to claim compensation from a third party.
- Taxi modifications could influence premium prices, but some—such as wheelchair access—are required or important for the job.
- Loss of license may be a policy addon that provides compensation to a taxi driver if they lose their license. These addons tend to have many exclusions so the terms should be read and noted carefully.
- Personal use could cover a taxi driver's use of the taxi for personal transportation. This isn't standard with taxi insurance, but may be added to the policy. If the local authority allows it, a partner or other named person could also be added.
Insurance groups may come into play when insurance companies calculate taxi insurance premiums. There are 50 car groups, and the higher the group a car is in, the higher the base premium for that car will be. Categorisation may be based on factors such as car value, performance, and power.
Comparing Taxi Insurance Policies
Making a thorough comparison of taxi insurance could be essential for drivers, in particular because this kind of insurance could be expensive, and it's therefore important for drivers to ensure they're getting the coverage they need for the money they spend. Drivers could easily compare taxi insurance online to find the policies that suit their needs, and obtain quotes from individual insurers.
- Inclusions and exclusions often differ between various taxi insurers, so it might be important to check each insurance policy thoroughly and compare what's covered and what isn't covered.
- The age of the driver and how long they've had their license both come into play with premium calculations, but different insurers may differ in how influential these factors are. For example, while many policies have a minimum age of 25 for a driver to qualify, this minimum may be lower for some insurers.
- Some policies may restrict hours per day or annual mileage.
- Some policies may regional, and exclude certain areas or cities.
How to Minimise the Cost of Taxi Insurance
While it could be difficult to find truly cheap taxi insurance, it might be possible for taxi drivers to reduce their premiums significantly by choosing their policy structure carefully, and by making choices that improve their level of risk.
- Many taxi insurers could allow a driver to transfer their personal no-claims discount to their taxi insurance, meaning they may be able to take advantage of lower premiums from the start of their policy. If this isn't possible, maintaining a good driving record with no accidents might allow a driver to earn a no-claims discount in the future.
- The area in which a taxi operates could significantly influence premium costs, as crime and accident rates—which vary by region—are taken into account when premiums are calculated.
- Taxi security might help bring premiums down. An alarm and mechanical immobilising device could improve security and reduce premiums, as could having designated off-road parking when the car isn't in use.
- Another useful security measure might be CCTV installed in the taxi, which operates when the vehicle is carrying passengers. This could help reduce premiums, and also may provide some personal protection for the taxi driver.