Compare Temporary Car Insurance For 17 Year Olds Now
Cheap Temporary Car Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Found the cheapest car insurance theough Quotezone! Saved aprox £200! Thank you
Website was quick and easy to use with comparable quotes to choose from. The cost of additional extras like legal cover and breakdown were shown making it easy to choose my new cover, at a much lower quote than my renewal price.Will use again next year
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2902 customer reviews
Temporary Car Insurance For 17 Year Olds
17 is an exciting age, you’ll legally be able to start driving and for many young drivers this couldn’t come soon enough. However while you may be dreaming of what you’ll do when you get your wheels, there is the small but important matter of insurance.
Driving in the UK will require a minimum level of third party insurance by law. This is to provide you with the means of reimbursing a third party (other motorists) for any damage you may cause to them if you are involved in an accident where you are at fault. Everyone is required to have this level of coverage to ensure that innocent motorists aren’t left with damages that they can’t be compensated for.
But what if you only need to have insurance temporarily?
Here are the things you should consider when taking out temporary car insurance as a 17 year old driver:
- It is going to cost you as a younger driver: Whilst this may be a bitter pill to swallow, unfortunately this is a constant truth across all forms of vehicle insurance for youthful drivers. This is simply due to the fact that younger drivers don’t have the same driving history to compare as older drivers. However since some temporary insurance policies allow for a ‘pay as you go’ set up, you may actually be able to save when compared with traditional car insurance for young drivers.
- It may benefit you if you are a learner driver: If you are learning to drive in a car that isn’t yours, temporary car insurance can be a convenient cover whilst you are getting comfortable behind the wheel. Temporary insurance can offer you flexibility and the ability to work around your own timetable.
- You could be included on a family members insurance policy: If you are able to be added to your parents insurance policy then you may wish to weigh up if this would be a more beneficial alternative to taking out your own policy.
How to get temporary car insurance for a 17 year old
Finding temporary cover can be made a whole lot easier by simply searching online to compare multiple car insurance providers and their offers. Car insurance could be costly depending on the circumstances and the vehicle to be driven. To compare prices could show policies that are suitable to any budget and make temporary car insurance feasible.
A comparison could help someone get on the road quicker as searching for insurance with them might be much more convenient. The may understand the market better and be able to pinpoint an appropriate temporary policy right away. This could mean that no time is wasted contacting individual insurers on the phone and could be a much better experience all round.
Should I take out telematics insurance if I’m a 17 year old?
Telematics insurance can be a great option for younger drivers as it essentially gives you the opportunity to demonstrate to insurers that you are a responsible driver. This is done by having a black box installed in your car to send data to your insurer such as your acceleration speed, breaking and turning. Some drivers can save up to 25% on their premiums through a telematics or black box insurance. However you can also face an increase in your premiums if your telematics show that you are a risky driver.