Login Menu

Compare Second Home Insurance quotes now

Cheap Second Home Insurance

  • Compare up to 50 providers
  • Access Cashback & Rewards
  • 97% of reviewers recommend us

Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 50 UK home insurance providers, including

Home Insurance
Home Insurance
Polish Insurance
M&S Bank

Looking for cheaper insurance?


Search up to 50 different home insurance providers

Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.


Buy online or by phone

Purchase your home policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.


You could save time and money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.


Over three million users

Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.


Secure & Encrypted

We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.


Independent and unbiased service

We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.

What people have to say about us

Easy to use, found a vast array of different quotes and was able to compare them to one another in a simple way.


The site was easy to use and after entering details various quotes popped up within minutes.


4.73/5 from 22 customer reviews

Second Home Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes

If you own a second home in another part of the UK, and you aren’t renting it out to tenants or holidaymakers, some insurance providers might let you add that second property to your existing home insurance policy, which is sometimes a little more cost effective than insuring each property separately.

Alternatively, you can insure your second home under a standalone policy, which might be worth considering if your existing provider doesn’t offer a home insurance discount for insuring multiple properties with them.

Compare second home insurance quotes now

If my second home is rented out to tenants can I still take out second home insurance?

No, if your second property is a buy-to-let that you’re renting to tenants you’ll almost certainly need landlord insurance rather than second home insurance.

Similarly, if you’re renting out your second home to holidaymakers then second home insurance usually won’t cover you if something goes wrong while a paying guest is staying there – you’ll usually need holiday home insurance or airbnb insurance to insure that property.

Does it matter what type of building my second home is?

No, whether your second home happens to be a flat, an apartment, a townhouse or a country cottage, you should be able to find a second home insurance policy to protect it.

However, one thing to bear in mind is that if the property is a listed building, has a thatched roof, has a timber frame or has some other feature that is out of the ordinary then you might need to look into non-standard home insurance for that property rather than a regular, run-of-the-mill home insurance policy.

Does it matter if my second home isn’t occupied for much of the year?

Yes, many standard home insurance policies will specifically include a clause that means the property can’t be left unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days, so if your second home is left unoccupied for much of year (because you only tend to stay there during the summer months, for instance) you would need to take out an unoccupied home insurance policy in order to ensure your property is fully protected.

Do I need building insurance if my second home is an apartment?

That will usually depend on who the freeholder of the apartment building is.

If your second property is leasehold then there’s a good chance the freeholder will insure the apartment building, while you will be responsible for insuring your contents.

It’s worth double checking the terms of your leaseholder agreement to confirm that the freeholder has agreed to insure the building, though.

Does second home insurance cover accidental damage?

No, whether you’re insuring a single property or multiple properties, building and contents insurance and contents insurance policies usually don’t include accidental damage insurance as standard.

However, it’s usually possible to add accidental damage cover to your policy as an optional extra, although you will usually have to pay a little more for this.

How can I find cheaper insurance for my second home?

First and foremost, you should shop around for the best home insurance deals by comparing quotes from a wide range of providers.

Beyond that, the following steps can sometimes result in cheaper insurance:

  • Installing a home security system with alarms, glass-break sensors, and BSI-approved locks, which can help to reduce the premiums on both apartment insurance and apartment contents insurance policies
  • Agreeing to pay for the full year upfront, because annual policies are often cheaper than paying monthly.