Login Menu

Compare residential park home insurance quotes now

Cheap Residential Park Home Insurance

  • Quotes from UK insurance providers
  • One short form – save time & money

Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including

Adrian Flux
Coast Insurance
Park Home Assist Insurance

Looking for cheaper insurance?


Secure & Encrypted

We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.


Over three million users

Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.


You could save time and money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.


Independent and unbiased service

We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.

What people have to say about us

An excellent quote for my car insurance and with more rewards to follow.



I found Quotezone very useful and got a great car insurance deal 👌 Thanks 😊


Folkestone, United Kingdom

4.75/5 from 3216 customer reviews

Residential Park Home Insurance

Residential park home insurance can offer the peace of mind and protection you need if you don’t live in a traditional ‘bricks-and-mortar’ home.

Here’s what to consider when it comes to finding a policy that gives you the peace of mind you want, at a price that fits your budget.

What is residential park home insurance?

It’s a type of insurance specifically designed for owners of residential park homes. Policies cover a range of unforeseen circumstances known as insured events, for example a fire or a flood.

As well as the structure of your park home and your belongings, policies can also cover outbuildings (like sheds) and their contents.

Why do I need residential park home insurance?

Residential park homes insurance will cover the cost of damage if an insured event takes place.

Specialist park home insurance takes into account the fact that your home is built from ‘non-standard’ materials (for example timber and steel) rather than brick. This means the risk of damage is different for park homes compared to traditional homes. Insurers also factor in the need for tradespeople who have experience in park home construction.

Does standard home insurance cover my residential park home?

Most standard home insurance policies won’t cover your park home.

If you do have a standard policy, it should clearly show that it’s insuring a park home so it’s important to double check the wording.

Do I need residential park home insurance by law?

No, you don’t need park home insurance by law, but it’s strongly recommended that you have a policy in place.

Without cover you face paying for any damage yourself, which could leave you significantly out of pocket.

You should also bear in mind that some residential park sites may ask that you have adequate insurance before leasing you a pitch.

What does residential park home insurance cover?

Policies vary across insurers, but you can expect to be covered for a number of insured events, including:
• Fire, flood, storm damage.
• Subsidence.
• Theft and vandalism.

Most insurers will also offer a range of optional extras which you’ll be able to add on for a small increase in cost, for example:

  • Malicious damage.
  • Accidental damage.
  • Loss of keys and replacement locks.
  • Loss of metred water.
  • Home emergency cover to deal with broken boilers or burst pipes.

If you’re looking for a policy that gives you comprehensive, all-round protection, it’s important to compare quotes as some insurers will already include a number of additional features as standard.

What is an insurance exclusion?

An exclusion is an event not covered by your policy. Nearly all types of insurance have exclusions, but they can differ by provider. Some policies have more exclusions than others so it’s good to familiarise yourself with what they are.

Typical exclusions include:

  • Wear and tear – insurers are unlikely to pay out if an item stops working because it’s reached the end of its natural life.
  • Negligence – you’re unlikely to be compensated for stolen belongings if doors and windows were left unlocked.
  • Damage caused by animals – this includes damage by vermin as well as accidental damage by pets.
Will residential park home insurance cover an empty home?

In most cases, you won’t be covered if you leave your park home empty for more than a certain number of days (usually 30 consecutive days but this varies by insurer).

Some policies will cover your home for longer but there might be certain conditions in place. For example, you may have to ensure your home is monitored and checked after a period of time. You could also be expected to minimise any risks by draining water supplies or making sure heating is kept on to avoid freezing pipes.

How much should I insure my residential park home for?

Insurers offering park home cover typically offer something called blanket insurance. This just means they automatically provide cover up to a specific amount. If you feel the amount is too low, you can of course ask to increase it, but this will be reflected in the cost of your premium.

It’s up to insurers to set their own levels of cover but they often range between:

  • £300,000 – £600,000 for buildings cover.
  • £40,000 – £75,000 for contents.
Do I need to insure the base my residential park home sits on?

Generally speaking, no. You don’t need to insure the base your park home sits on although this will ultimately depend on the specific terms agreed with the residential park owner.

Does insurance for residential park homes include holiday lets?

Residential park home insurance is designed for private homeowners so it’s highly unlikely to cover incidents caused by a paying guest.
If you decide to rent out your park home seasonally, it’s worth considering holiday home insurance which will provide you with specialist cover.

What’s the average cost of residential park home insurance?

Policies are designed to fit your needs so insurers will consider a number of factors to work out the cost – for example, whether you add on any extras or need to increase the level of cover.

Insurers will also look at your claims history. If you’ve made a recent claim you can expect your policy to cost more as a result, with that in mind, think carefully about what you claim for. Building up your no claims bonus could shave pounds off your premium at renewal.

If your park home is on a site that has a history of flooding, you might also need to pay slightly more to cover the increased risk of a claim. However, the Flood Re scheme is in place to ensure policies are still affordable.