Compare cheap van insurance quotes from over 60 specialist UK providers, including
Why use Quotezone.co.uk to compare van insurance policies?
Compare policies from over 60 different van insurance providers
Our van insurance comparison service increases your odds of finding a great deal by comparing 60+ policies side-by-side.
Buy the policy online or by phone
Purchase your van insurance policy quickly and easily, and choose between monthly and annual payment options.
Save time and money
One short form is all it takes to compare quotes from over 60 van insurance providers, side-by-side.
Over three million users
Over three million people use Quotezone.co.uk each year to save money on their policies.
Secure & Encrypted
Quotezone.co.uk is committed to keeping your data safe and secure.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Great quick website providing the best cover around!
Don’t bother going to the usual comparison sites because they simply DON’T COMPARE!!
4.89/5 from 27 customer reviews
Classic van insurance – compare cheap quotes
If you own a van that’s more than 20 years old some insurance providers will classify it as a classic van, which means it might be worth looking into classic van insurance.
Not only could our price comparison service help you find the right insurance for your classic van in just a matter of minutes, but by comparing quotes from over 50 van insurance providers you’ll be much more likely to find a cheap van insurance quote for your classic van.
Insuring a classic van: a straightforward insurance guide
What level of cover should I opt for if I’m insuring a classic van?
As with car insurance, van drivers have three levels of cover to choose from:
- Third Party
- Third Party, Fire and Theft
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance
Third party cover is the legal minimum in the UK, but as the name suggests it’s only intended to protect third parties if you’re ever involved in an accident in your classic van. If you have third party only cover any damage to your own van won’t be covered, so it’s worth considering fully-comprehensive insurance instead, which will protect third parties, yourself and any passengers.
How can I find cheap classic van insurance?
First and foremost, you should use an insurance comparison service like Quotezone.co.uk each time your policy is up for renewal, because renewal quotes are often less competitive than the price you’d be offered by a new insurance provider.
Beyond that, the following steps could help reduce the cost of your classic van insurance cover:
- Parking your van off the road: Vehicles that are parked on the roadside have a higher risk of being damaged by a passing motor, targeted by vandals or stolen by thieves, so if you’re able to park in a garage or on a private driveway this could result in cheaper van insurance quotes.
- Installing additional security features: As they’re older vehicles many classic vans may not have manufacturer-installed alarms and immobilisers, so it might be worth looking into installing these additional security features in your classic van. Not only could this reduce the risk of theft, but it can sometimes help to lower your classic van insurance quotes as well.
- Paying for the full year upfront: Classic van insurance will usually cost a little more if you opt to pay for the policy on a monthly basis, so you could save a bit of cash if you pay for the full year upfront.
- Agreeing to a higher excess: The mandatory excess on your van insurance policy will be predetermined by your provider, but most insurance companies will also allow policyholders to add a voluntary excess. If you agree to a higher voluntary excess you could see the upfront cost of your private van insurance reduced a little…although it’s important to bear in mind that this does mean you’ll have to cover a larger portion of the cost yourself if you have to make a claim.
Does classic van insurance cost less if I only use the van as a private vehicle?
Yes, commercial van insurance usually costs more than private van insurance, since commercial vehicles are likely to clock up more miles than private-use vans. So if you don’t use your classic van for business purposes your classic van insurance likely will be a bit cheaper.