Get cheap travel insurance for Argentina now
Compare Travel Insurance for Argentina
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Travel Insurance for Argentina
Argentina promises incredible experiences, from the neighbourhoods of Buenos Aires to stunning views of the Patagonian Andes. Yet, like any travel destination, Argentina has its unique set of risks to consider, from tourist scams to health concerns.
That’s where travel insurance for Argentina steps in, offering a safety net that provides both personal and financial protection. With the right coverage, you can explore Argentina with confidence, knowing that unexpected events or accidents won’t derail your holiday.
Travel Insurance for Argentina from UK
When you’re searching for the best travel insurance for Argentina for your journey, consider the length of your stay and the destinations you plan to visit. Argentina will be protected by policies with worldwide coverage. You can also opt for a worldwide policy that excludes the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean if you do not plan to visit these countries.
Your main options for Argentina travel insurance are:
- Single trip insurance – If your visit to Argentina is short term, and your only international journey for the year, a single trip policy often proves to be more budget friendly.
- Annual multi-trip insurance – This type of policy covers you for multiple holidays within a year, eliminating the need for separate coverage every time you travel.
- Backpacker insurance – If you’re planning an extended South American journey, covering multiple countries over an extended period, backpacker insurance is the way to go.
Cheap Travel Insurance for Argentina
Comparing quotes from various insurance providers is a crucial part of the insurance buying process. This step can help you find cheap travel insurance for Argentina and ensures you get the best price for the level of protection you need.
Do I need travel insurance for Argentina?
While travel insurance for Argentina isn’t mandatory for UK citizens, it’s a highly recommended safety net. This is because it covers unexpected situations like trip cancellations and medical expenses, preventing these financial burdens from falling on you alone, and potentially ruining your adventure.
In a post-COVID world where airlines and travel companies are in a more uncertain financial position, having coverage for trip cancellations and curtailments is a smart decision. It can ensure that you don’t lose your investment if your flight, hotel or other plans are cancelled or have to be cut short.
What our experts say:
“In the past three years, no fewer than 64 airlines have gone bust – leaving millions of uncertain and anxious passengers stranded in foreign countries. Taking out a travel insurance policy which includes ‘end supplier failure’ should cover travellers if their flights have been cancelled because the company has fallen into administration and gone bust.” – Greg Wilson, CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
What travel insurance do I need for Argentina?
Travel insurance to Argentina is not one size fits all. So when selecting your coverage, consider your specific needs and ensure that they are included, especially if you need extra travel health insurance for Argentina.
Things to consider when choosing the level of coverage on your Argentina travel insurance include:
- Access to medical care – While you’re entitled to emergency treatment within Argentina’s public healthcare system, be aware that it could be of a different standard than you are used to, with crowded facilities and long wait times. So it’s important to have additional medical insurance for travel to Argentina.
- Vaccines and preventable diseases – Consult your doctor at least eight weeks before your travel for any necessary vaccines. Travelling to Argentina could leave you susceptible to things like yellow fever or Zika virus, and your insurance will not cover any illness that would have been prevented by getting a vaccine.
- Crime in Argentina – Popular tourist spots often have a reputation for pickpocketing, scams, and even violent crime. So it’s important to stay vigilant and have the right coverage for you and your belongings.
- High risk activities – If you’re planning activities like climbing or trekking, these are likely to require additional coverage. And if they’re the main focus of your trip, consider activity holiday insurance.
- Medical risks – Existing medical conditions or vulnerability to illnesses need to be declared to your insurer and could need specialist or additional medical coverage.
- Risk of cancellation – If you’ve booked your trip well in advance, consider coverage for trip cancellation. Changing circumstances in your life and in your destination can lead to cancellations or curtailments.
- Unexpected events – Standard travel insurance often excludes coverage for events like protests, demonstrations, and natural disasters. Stay updated on official travel guidelines for Argentina, and do not travel against official advice.
What do you need to enter Argentina from UK?
For UK tourists visiting Argentina, you’ll need a valid passport, but stays under 90 days do not require a visa. However, for longer visits, you will need to obtain a visa from the nearest Consulate of the Argentine Republic before travelling.
How much cash can I bring to Argentina from UK?
When entering or leaving Argentina, you must not carry more than $10,000 USD (US dollars) or its equivalent in other currencies. While these equivalents can of course change, they will be around $3,499,800 ARS (Argentine pesos) or £8,253 GBP (British pounds).
There are usually limits to how much cash will be covered on travel insurance for Argentina policies. So if you plan to bring larger sums you could need add-ons or specialised cover to protect these under your travel insurance policy.
Do I need an international driving permit (IDP) for Argentina?
Yes, if you plan to drive in Argentina, you will need to get an International Driving Permit (IDP). Be aware that while you can get an IDP at 18, some car rental agencies may require you to be over 21 to rent a vehicle.
Car crime in Argentina can be a problem, so be conscious of your surroundings at traffic lights or when driving in areas like Misiones province where smuggling is common at borders.
When it comes to finding the right travel insurance for Argentina from UK, Quotezone.co.uk simplifies the process. We enable you to compare over 30 UK travel insurers quickly, so you have the coverage you need for a safe and enjoyable trip.