Get cheap Brazil travel insurance quotes now
Compare Brazil Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
excellent service/well pleased/very satisfied
Best search site. Came up with the cheapest.
Stepney, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3016 customer reviews
Brazil Travel Insurance
Are you planning a trip to Brazil? From the vibrant cities of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo to the breathtaking Amazon rainforest and stunning beaches, Brazil offers an array of exciting experiences. However, it’s crucial to be aware of potential risks when travelling in this beautiful country.
Just like any other destination, Brazil has its share of tourist scams, pickpocketing, and theft. And if you’re fortunate enough to be in Brazil during Carnival, staying vigilant in the crowds is a must. Brazil also presents additional medical considerations, and you might need vaccines to protect against tropical diseases and other health threats.
Brazil travel insurance is your safety net to these risks, providing both personal and financial protection. With the right coverage, you can explore Brazil with peace of mind, knowing that you have backup if things go wrong.
Travel Insurance for Brazil
When looking for travel insurance to Brazil, you’ll need a policy that provides worldwide coverage. Depending on your travel plans, you can opt for a worldwide policy that excludes the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean, which may be a cost effective choice if you don’t require the extra coverage.
You’ll also need to decide which type of policy best suits your travel needs. Your options are:
- Single trip insurance – If your visit to Brazil is short term, and your only international trip in the next year, a single trip policy is usually a cheaper option.
- Annual multi trip insurance – This policy covers you for multiple holidays within a year, which conveniently eliminates the need for getting separate coverage each time you travel.
- Backpacker insurance – This is the ideal choice if you are travelling through South America, covering multiple countries for an extended amount of time.
Cheap Brazil Travel Insurance
Making comparisons across different insurance policies is a crucial aspect of purchasing any insurance, and there’s a good reason for this. By comparing quotes for Brazil travel insurance you can find prices quickly, and ensure you’re not paying more for the same level of coverage.
How much is travel insurance to Brazil?
Brazil travel insurance costs may be pricier than European travel insurance due to the country’s size and higher medical care costs. Travel insurance to Brazil from UK also includes repatriation, which can be more costly simply because you have to travel further to get home.
Factors affecting the cost of your Brazil travel insurance:
- Your chosen travel destination – Insurers assess the risk of accidents and claims in the specific region of Brazil you plan to visit.
- Your age – Typically, older individuals face higher insurance premiums due to a greater likelihood of filing claims.
- Your intended activities – Engaging in high risk pursuits like trekking or water sports can increase policy costs as you’ll usually need add ons to cover these activities.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – Insurance expenses may rise if you have specific medical conditions, as insurers view you as more likely to require medical attention.
- The type of coverage – Your choice is influenced by your travel frequency. Your options are single trip travel insurance, an annual policy or backpacker insurance.
Do I need travel insurance for Brazil?
Although Brazil travel insurance for UK citizens isn’t a legal requirement, it’s strongly recommended. Travel insurance acts as a safety net, covering unexpected situations like trip cancellations and medical expenses, which can be a huge financial burden to have to deal with alone.
We’ve seen many airlines and travel companies close up shop in the post-COVID era, and without travel insurance coverage for cancellation and curtailment, you could be left wondering what to do or who to turn to if your flights are cancelled.
The smart move is to secure Brazil travel insurance as soon as you book your trip, ensuring you’re protected from cancellations and other unforeseen events.
What our experts say:
“In the past three years, no fewer than 64 airlines have gone bust – leaving millions of uncertain and anxious passengers stranded in foreign countries. Taking out a travel insurance policy which includes ‘end supplier failure’ should cover travellers if their flights have been cancelled because the company has fallen into administration and gone bust.” – Greg Wilson, CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
What does Brazil travel insurance cover?
With Brazil travel insurance, you’re typically covered for:
- Medical treatment – Covers the cost of medical care.
- Repatriation – Assists with expenses for returning to the UK for specialised medical treatment.
- Personal accident cover – Provides financial support for severe injuries.
- Holiday curtailment and cancellation cover – Protects your financial investment in case of trip interruptions.
- Personal liability cover – Covers you if someone else is injured due to your actions.
- Legal expenses – Assists with legal fees if you require legal help.
What travel insurance do I need for Brazil?
Travel insurance to Brazil from UK is not a one size fits all policy. When you are looking for it you should consider the specific coverage you need and make sure these needs are included in the policy you choose.
Things to consider when choosing the level of coverage on your Brazil travel insurance include:
- Where you are travelling – consider the risks you are more likely to face. Is it pickpocketing in the streets or personal injury on a hike?
- The activities you are doing – If you plan to do higher risk activities like trekking the Amazon, water sports or climbing, these will usually require additional cover. And if these are the main purpose of your trip you might consider activity holiday insurance.
- How long you are travelling for – Options for the length of your coverage include single trip insurance, annual multi trip insurance and backpacker insurance.
- Medical risks – If you have existing medical conditions or are more susceptible to illness or infection you will want to make sure you have sufficient medical coverage.
- Risk of cancellation – if you have booked your trip far in advance you might want to be covered for cancellation as changing circumstances could lead to your trip being cancelled or curtailed.
Is healthcare free for foreigners in Brazil?
Brazil provides free healthcare for its citizens. And as a visitor to the country, you’re entitled to emergency treatment on the public healthcare system. However, public healthcare in Brazil may not match NHS standards, and the conditions can be very crowded with long waiting times.
So if you are struggling to get help through public means, you may need to visit private hospitals. And these will check if your travel insurance covers private treatment before offering you medical assistance. If you dont have Brazil travel insurance for UK citizens, you will need to cover any medical costs yourself.
Do I need a visa for Brazil?
You don’t need a visa for stays under 90 days in Brazil. But if your trip extends beyond this period, a Brazil tourist visa is required, and you’ll need to have sufficient funds and proof of onward travel for these.
When it comes to finding the right travel insurance to Brazil, Quotezone.co.uk lets you quickly compare over 30 UK travel insurers, so you can get the coverage you need for a safe and enjoyable trip.