Car Insurance Preston
Cheap Car Insurance for Preston Drivers
- Compare 110+ providers and save up to £504*
- Access Cashback and Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Compare cheap car insurance quotes from over 110 UK providers, including
Looking to insure a car for less?
Compare quotes from over 110 car insurance companies
Our car insurance comparison services increases your chance of finding a great deal by comparing 110+ quotes side-by-side.
Buy your car insurance online or over the phone
Sign up online or over the phone, and choose from monthly or annual payment options.
Save on your insurance
One short form is all it takes to compare cheap car insurance policies from over 100 insurance providers.
Over three million users
Over 3 million people save money with us each year.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
The quote l got was the cheapest on all the comparison websites
I used other sites to get a car insurance. Quotezone was by far the best. I took a car insurance with an insurance company that they suggested. Since then I had an accident and the insurance company was great and I am very happy with them. To summaries I got a great deal from the financial aspects and also from the customer services aspects. I have already recommended Quotezone to a number of friends and as far as I know two of them have insured their cars via them.
4.89/5 from 38 customer reviews
Preston Car Insurance
If you are a Preston based driver, then unfortunately you can expect your car insurance premiums to be a little on the higher side. On average, premiums in Preston can be up to £100 more expensive than the UK average.
The reasons for higher premiums in Preston can be largely broken down into the following:
- There is a larger number of uninsured drivers in Preston: Having a larger number of uninsured drivers in an area can force insurance companies to elevate their prices to compensate for the risk.
- Higher than average accident rate: Preston also has a higher than average number of accidents, which can also contribute to higher premiums.
- Higher number of performance cars in Preston: Preston has a higher than average number of high-performance cars on the road. Since these cars are more expensive to insure, insurers can increase their average premium prices for areas that have more performance cars on the roads.
- The age and gender of the driver: Younger drivers and male drivers typically pay higher car insurance premiums than older drivers and female drivers.
How to get cheaper car insurance
Getting cheaper car insurance doesn’t need to be a challenge, you just need to know where to look and how to do it. Many people make the mistake of simply settling for the cheapest car insurance deal they find and then letting it simply auto-renew. This can be a mistake as it means that you as an insurance policy seeker can miss out on some great current deals. This is because insurers change their offering over time and the cheapest option one year may not be the best option for you next year.
Insurers will also differ in the way they assess your risk profile and as a result you may find that an insurer who is a cheap option for you may not be the cheapest option for someone else and vice versa. Due to this you should always try and compare as many quotes as possible before letting your car insurance renew.
You can also look at taking some practical steps to reduce your risk to insurers in order to get offered a cheaper premium.
- Opt for a telematics or black box
- Avoid getting any penalty points or fines
- Don’t pay monthly but rather opt for annual payments
- Only choose coverage which you need
Quotezone can help you find cheaper car insurance premiums with our panel of over 110 insurance providers, regardless of where you live. We can help you quickly find and compare multiple car insurance quotes side by side in minutes. Our simple online process lets you enter your basic insurance details and compare a large array of insurance offers from multiple insurers in a matter of minutes, regardless of where in the UK you live.
*51% of consumers could save £504.25 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next five cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from September 2023 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.