Temporary Insurance Cover
Comprehensive short term or temporary vehicle insurance for a period of 1 hour to 28 days. Compare short term vehicle insurance quotes for cars, vans, motorbikes and more through our directory listing of dedicated providers below.
Quotezone is providing you access to specialist Temporary / Short Term Insurance providers through the above links.
A cheap temporary car insurance or short term van insurance policy can provide insurance cover for yourself or a friend to drive another vehicle for up to 28 days, without affecting the no-claims bonus on your main vehicle. Whether you are borrowing a car for one day, lending your car to a relative for the weekend, or you need temporary insurance for an emergency, you’ll want to find the perfect temporary insurance cover to suit your needs.
If you are lending your vehicle to a friend or relative, you could add a named driver to your existing policy, however this could be expensive and you also run the risk of losing your no-claims bonus if a claim is made.
Regardless of how far a vehicle is driven, driving without insurance is illegal. The police can issue a fixed penalty of £300 and 6 penalty points if someone is caught driving a vehicle they’re not insured to drive.
Even worse, if the case goes to court, the driver could get:
- a maximum fine of £5,000
- disqualified from driving
The police also have the power to seize, and in some cases, destroy the vehicle thats being driven uninsured.
Finding cheap temporary car insurance / temporary vehicle insurance can be easier than you think. So rather than run the risk of having an accident whilst driving an uninsured vehicle, we could help you find affordable cover exactly when you need it!
Benefits for short-term vehicle insurance
- Dont pay for longer than you need.
- Option of immediate cover
- Insurance for another vehicle in an emergency
- Temporary van insurance for moving house
- Optional cover for misfuelling
- Does not jeopardise your no-claims discount
- Insurance for relatives coming to stay
- Allows you to teach a friend or relative to drive in your car
- Cover for unaccompanied vehicle demonstrations or courtesy cars
Who is eligible for temporary vehicle insurance?
- Any person with a current full UK driving licence held for a minimum of 6 months, European Union licence for a minimum of 12 months or a provisional driving licence
- Any person who has been resident in the UK for 12 months or more
- Drivers aged between 18 and 75
Whether you are looking for cheap temporary car insurance 18 year old or for other temporary cover for your vehicle, why not try Quotezone’s panel of providers through the above links.
Temporary Insurance Comparison
- Temporary Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Van Insurance
- Bike Insurance
- Temporary Car Insurance
- Temporary Van Insurance
- Temporary Motorbike Insurance
- Temporary Vehicle Insurance
- Short Term Car Insurance
- Short Term Motorbike Insurance
- Short Term Car Insurance
- Short Term Van Insurance
- Short Term Vehicle Insurance
- One Day Car Insurance
- Day Car Insurance
- Daily Car Insurance
- One Day Motorbike Insurance
- One Day Van Insurance
- One Day Vehicle Insurance
- Weekly Car Insurance
- Weekly Van Insurance
- Weekly Motorbike Insurance
- Weekly Vehicle Insurance
- One Month Car Insurance
- One Month Motorbike Insurance
- One Month Van Insurance
- One Month Vehicle Insurance
- Weekend Car Insurance
- 1-28 Day Vehicle Insurance
- Learner Driver Temporary Insurance
- Temporary Insurance for Young Drivers
- Temporary Learner Driver Insurance