Compare cheap business travel insurance quotes now
Cheap Business Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Very helpful web. Thank you
Dagenham, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2194 customer reviews
Business travel insurance: compare quotes for corporate travel insurance policies
British residents set off on more than 6 million overseas business trips each year, according to data from the Office of National Statistics, but a surprisingly large number of those travellers don’t take out business travel insurance before they take to the skies.
While this is an understandable oversight, particularly for business trips that might have to be booked at the last minute, it does mean these corporate travellers could be left high and dry if their luggage is stolen, their flights are cancelled or they suffer an accident or illness while abroad.
Fortunately, business travel insurance is relatively cost effective, and you can increase your chances of finding a great quote by using our business travel insurance comparison service.
What is business travel insurance?
Business travel insurance specifically caters to work-related travel.
These types of policies sometimes provide greater cover for business equipment such as laptops, tablets and smartphones compared to standard holiday insurance.
However, before you take out a new travel insurance policy check to see if you’re covered by your employer – they may already have corporate travel insurance in place for employees.
If you’re self-employed, a business-focussed policy can help to protect you from financial loss if things don’t go to plan.
What’s the difference between ‘annual business travel insurance’ and ‘business travel insurance single trip’?
Annual business travel insurance insures you for several trips within a 12-month period. Each trip is limited to a certain number of consecutive days, but you’re often able to take as many trips as you need to during the cover period.
Single trip business travel insurance, on the other hand, covers you for just one business trip, which again will carry a limit in terms the maximum number of days the trip can last.
Insurers set their own limits about how long each business trip can last. Three nights is a fairly common limit when it comes to corporate travel, but it’s vital that you check your own policy documents.
If you’re going away for longer most insurers will be able to extend your cover for a small fee.
What is the best business travel insurance?
When it comes to insurance, there’s no such thing as one size fits all.
The best policy for you will be one that meets your needs. However, at the very least your business travel insurance should cover you for:
- Medical expenses – covers the cost of treatment while you’re abroad. Don’t underestimate the cost of care outside of the UK, especially if you’re travelling to the USA where healthcare is very expensive.
- Emergency repatriation – pays for you to get back home in a medical emergency.
- Cancellation and curtailment – provides compensation if you have to cut your business trip short through no fault of your own.
- Lost luggage – meets the cost of replacing any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed luggage.
- Liability cover – pays for legal fees and compensation if someone blames you for injury or damage to their property.
Some business policies also include features such as:
- Golf clubs cover – talking shop over a round of golf might seem cliched, but many corporate travel insurance policies will insure your clubs if you’re taking them with you.
- Business equipment and personal possessions – covers business essentials like laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Concierge service – these kinds of services can be a lifeline for all sorts of issues, from helping you to rebook missed or cancelled flights, rental cars and hotels to making restaurant bookings for client meetings.
- Kidnap and ransom – as extreme as this sounds, some policies will also include this.
- Colleague replacement – pays for a colleague to take your place if you have to cancel at the last minute.
Can I buy business travel insurance worldwide?
Can I buy group business travel insurance?
Yes, if you’re an employer you can buy group business travel insurance to cover your staff.
Most insurers will be able to provide cover no matter how many employees you have. From a few to a few hundred, there’ll be a policy that suits your business. Just be sure to read any terms and conditions about age limits or pre-existing medical conditions.
Comparing travel insurance for business
Cost is always an important factor when it comes to making business decisions but opting for the cheapest business travel insurance might not give you or your employees the protection needed.
To help you make the right decision you can compare business travel insurance right here at Quotezone.co.uk. Simply fill out this short form and we’ll search for policies from more than 35 insurers to ensure you get the best value cover.