Get cheap travel insurance for Russia now
Cheap Travel Insurance for Russia
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Russia Travel Insurance UK
Russia is the largest country in the world, and every region gives you a distinct history and landscape to explore. Whether you’re visiting Moscow’s Kremlin, Siberia’s Lake Baikal, or taking on the Trans-Siberian railroad, Russia is a country of endless adventure.
Russia is unique in more ways than one, with part of the country in Europe and part in Asia.
However, even in the European areas, you will not have access to medical care via your EHIC or GHIC card. Russia also poses risks like terror attacks, dating and financial scams and theft or violent crime.
Travel Insurance for Russia can step in, acting as a safety net and offering assistance when unforeseen circumstances arise. It will also protect you from travel issues like trip cancellations, medical emergencies, or legal issues, giving you peace of mind on your journey.
Cheap Travel Insurance for Russia
Given the expenses of travelling, finding the cheapest travel insurance for Russia could be more essential than ever. Comparing quotes from various insurers can help you keep your insurance costs down and make sure you are not paying over the odds. At Quotezone.co.uk, we offer a simple and fast comparison through one short form.
How much is travel insurance for Russia from UK?
Pinning down an exact price for travel insurance to Russia is a tricky task because it varies so much depending on the details of the policy. Yet, there are certain things that we know influence your costs, and you can use these to get a better idea of your potential premium.
- Your age – Younger travellers usually pay less as they tend to claim less.
- Your health – Existing medical conditions might impact your expenses, but honesty with your insurer is key for proper coverage.
- The trip length – Longer stays often mean higher costs.
- Your destination – Where you are visiting in Russia will determine whether you will need European or Worldwide coverage, and these come at different costs.
- Your valuables – Bringing expensive valuables that you want to cover under your insurance can bump up your cost.
- Your planned activities – Risky activities or sports will typically need extra coverage.
- The insurance type – This will depend on your travel plans. Options typically include single trip insurance for short trips, annual travel policies that cover multiple holidays in a year, or backpacker insurance for longer journeys.
Can I get travel insurance for Russia?
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) provides advice for British nationals on their travels. And if they advise against travelling to a country, you will be unlikely to find any insurer who will cover travel to that area. So it’s essential to be aware of and follow the latest FCDO travel advice for Russia.
Do you need travel insurance to travel to Russia?
Travel insurance isn’t an essential requirement. However, it could be considered unwise to travel without travel health insurance for Russia. You will not be covered by an EHIC or GHIC card, even in the European parts of Russia, and you are only entitled to medical care in life-threatening circumstances.
Aside from the personal and health risks, travelling without the appropriate Russia travel insurance UK policy can leave you open to severe financial consequences. Without insurance, you will be personally responsible for medical costs, lost or stolen possessions or luggage, and making alternative plans if flights or bookings are cancelled.
Is Russia in Europe for travel insurance?
Your travel insurance type depends on where you visit in Russia. Part of Russia is in Europe while the majority is part of Asia. Places closer to Europe, like St. Petersburg or Moscow, usually fit under European travel insurance.
But if you venture farther, into other parts of Russia, you might need a worldwide travel insurance policy. Check the destinations listed on your policy to make sure you have the correct coverage.
What does travel insurance for Russia cover?
Travel insurance for Russia works to protect you financially and personally while travelling, handling common issues such as:
- Medical bills – Covers the expense of various medical treatments, even private care and non-emergency services.
- Repatriation – Funding your return to the UK for specialised healthcare or in unfortunate circumstances, like in the event of your death.
- Personal accident support – Provides financial support if you have an accident resulting in severe injuries such as limb loss or blindness.
- Trip interruption and cancellation – Safeguards your holiday expenses if you need to cancel or cut your trip short.
- Personal liability cover – Assists when someone else is injured or property is damaged due to your actions.
- Assistance with legal expenses – Offers aid with legal expenses if you require legal assistance.
What does travel insurance for Russia not cover?
Insurers have specific exclusions to be aware of. Travel insurance for Russia from UK generally doesn’t cover:
- Pre-existing health issues – These will typically require specialised insurance for existing medical conditions. Failing to declare any existing conditions to your insurer can invalidate your policy.
- Drug or alcohol intoxication – Accidents that happen while under the influence might not be covered.
- High-risk activities – Extra activity coverage may be needed for risky pursuits, including trekking, climbing, winter sports or exploring Russia’s remote Arctic.
- Terrorism, and political or civil unrest – Terrorist threats have become more pressing since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. It has also prompted anti-war protests across Russia.
- Natural disasters – Floods and large wildfires are a particular issue for Russia with so much of the land being covered in forests.
- Breaking the law – Claims resulting from illegal actions won’t be covered.
- Travelling against FCDO advice – Always check the latest events and travel advice before you travel and never travel if the FCDO advises against it.
Your adventure starts with finding the right travel insurance for Russia. And we are here to speed up the process for you. At Quotezone.co.uk, we quickly compare policies from 30 trusted UK travel insurers so you get the coverage you need for a worry-free holiday in Russia.