Hermes Courier Insurance
Cheap Hermes Courier Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Compare Hermes courier insurance quotes for your delivery car or van with Quotezone.co.uk
Early starts, late finishes and unfamiliar addresses – being a courier comes with all sorts of challenges. Which is why it’s vital to have insurance you can trust – but is the policy you have; one you can rely on? For peace of mind, here’s what to consider when it comes to Hermes courier insurance.
What is Hermes courier insurance?
If you work for Hermes on a self-employed basis (or rather Evri, as the company is now known), then you’ll need Evri insurance in order to ensure you’re covered for the risks you face as a delivery driver. Policies reflect the increased risk of an accident happening because you’re:
- Working long hours.
- Delivering items according to a strict timetable.
- Driving in all weathers.
- Travelling to unfamiliar areas.
Why do I need My Hermes insurance?
Without appropriate insurance, you won’t be covered if you have an accident while you’re driving for Evri – even if you have standard car or van insurance.
Standard vehicle insurance typically only covers you to drive for social, domestic or pleasure purposes as well as commuting to a single place of work. Delivering multiple items in exchange for payment falls outside of this so you’ll need specialist Evri insurance to cover your activities.
What does Hermes courier insurance cover?
Policies vary depending on the terms and conditions set out by the insurer so it’s always a good idea to double check what’s included to ensure you’re covered for the work you do. Like other types of car or van insurance, you’ll be able to choose from one of three levels of cover:
- Third party only – compensates other people for injury or damage you cause. It’s the minimum level of cover you can have by law but bear in mind that it won’t pay to repair your vehicle if you have an accident.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only cover and will also compensate you if your car or van is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third party, fire and theft cover and will also pay to repair or replace your vehicle if you have an accident.
You’ll also have the opportunity of adding on additional features, for example:
- Breakdown cover and courtesy car – in case you need roadside assistance or if your vehicle is being repaired.
- Legal expenses cover – which pays for professional advice and court costs if you need to defend yourself.
- Public liability cover – compensates other people if they blame you for an accident that’s caused by your work activities. For instance, if someone tripped over boxes you unloaded and broke their ankle.
Does Evri insurance cover the items I’m delivering?
This will depend on what’s included within the policy – some courier insurance plans will include cover for the items you carry while some don’t. If they don’t then you should be able to add it on for a small charge.
If you do need to buy additional cover, you’ll need what’s called carriage of goods for hire and reward, or simply hire and reward insurance. This will compensate you for damage or theft of the goods you’re carrying.
How much is Hermes delivery insurance?
The price you’ll pay for your Evri insurance will depend on a number of factors for instance, the level of cover you choose and whether you decide to add on any extra features. Your own personal circumstances can also affect what you pay as insurers will consider:
- Your age – young drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in a road accident so if you’re 24 or under, you can expect to pay more than an older or more experienced driver.
- The vehicle you drive – large or powerful cars and vans generally attract higher premiums as they can cost more to repair and are a greater target to thieves.
- Your claims history and driving record – claims made in the last five years can push up premiums as can having points on your licence.
- The value of the items you’re delivering – if you’re carrying high value items, this will be reflected in your premium.
When it comes to choosing a policy, it’s a good idea to look at all the features included and not just the price. Cheaper policies might not give you all the coverage you need, or they may come with numerous exclusions (events that aren’t covered).
Cheap courier insurance could also have a high excess – this is the amount you have to pay before a claim can go ahead. While a high excess can mean a lower overall premium, if the amount is more than you can afford, it’s a false economy.
On the other hand, policies that appear expensive in the first instance, might actually include more features as standard, have fewer exclusions and offer a lower excess.
Compare Hermes courier driver insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we understand how important it is to find the courier insurance you need at a price that won’t break the bank. It’s why we work with a panel of trusted providers to ensure you get both choice and value.