Compare Just Eat courier insurance quotes now
Cheap Just Eat Courier Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Quick and easy to use found what I was looking for and saved £150 on my renewal quote
, United Kingdom
, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2079 customer reviews
Compare Just Eat Courier insurance quotes for your delivery car, vans, motorbike or bicycle with Quotezone.co.uk
If you’ve decided you’d like to become a self-employed Just Eat driver it’s crucial to ensure you have the right insurance in place before you take to the road. A standard car insurance, van insurance or motorbike insurance won’t meet your needs for this type of work – you’ll need a courier insurance policy that covers you for fast food deliveries.
Do I have to take out Just Eat courier insurance?
If you’re using your vehicle to deliver takeaway food, then yes, you’ll need appropriate food courier insurance. These policies take into account the increased risk of being involved in an accident because of the nature of your work. For example, you may be expected to work mainly at night, in all weathers and to a tight schedule.
I already have car cover, do I need Just Eat insurance too?
Even if you already have car insurance, you’ll still need food delivery insurance because standard policies generally only cover you to drive for:
- Social, domestic and pleasure purposes
- Commuting to a single place of work.
Delivering food and making multiple stops in exchange for payment fall outside of these so standard policies simply aren’t adequate if you’re a food courier. In fact, driving without appropriate Just Eat insurance could invalidate your standard car insurance policy, because you’d be breaching the terms of that policy.
What does Just Eat car insurance include?
Policies vary depending on the terms and conditions set out by the insurer, but you’ll be able to choose from one of three levels of cover:
- Third party only – compensates other people for injury and damage to their property if you have an accident. It’s the lowest level of cover you can have by law but remember – it won’t pay to fix your vehicle.
- Third party, fire and theft – provides third party only cover and will also pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – includes third party, fire and theft cover and will also compensate you if your vehicle is damaged in an accident, even if the accident was your fault.
As a food courier, it’s a good idea to see whether or not your Just Eat insurance policy includes goods in transit insurance too.
Goods in transit cover protects the items you’re carrying in case they’re stolen or damaged in any way. Some courier policies include this as standard whereas others don’t so it’s well worth checking just to be on the safe side.
Is Just Eat delivery insurance expensive?
Policies are tailored to meet your specific needs which means taking your unique circumstances into account. Factors that can affect your premium include:
- The vehicle you drive – larger or more powerful cars and vans generally cost more to repair which can increase premiums. They can also be a greater target to thieves.
- Your age – young drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident so if you’re 24 or under you can expect to pay higher premiums as a result.
- Your claims history and driving record – claims made in the last five years can push up the price of insurance, as does having points on your licence.
- Your location – if you live somewhere busy or built up, you’re likely to pay more for your insurance compared to someone living in a less densely populated area where the risk of an incident is lower.
When it comes to choosing a policy, it’s a good idea to consider it in its entirety rather than just the price. For instance, cheaper policies might have several conditions and exclusions – which are events that aren’t covered.
In contrast, policies that appear expensive may provide greater coverage, come with fewer limitations and offer you better overall value for money.
Compare Just Eat delivery driver insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, searching for the perfect Just Eat insurance policy is easy because we do all the hard work for you. Simply answer a few questions about you and your vehicle and we’ll take care of the rest.
We work with a panel of trusted insurers so you can be confident about getting a suitable policy at a competitive price.