Compare pizza delivery insurance quotes now
Cheap Pizza Delivery Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2914 customer reviews
What is pizza delivery insurance and do I need it?
Delivering takeaway pizza might be a good way to supplement your income but if you don’t have the right insurance, you could be left with hefty repair bills. To ensure you’ve got the protection you need, here’s what you need to know about pizza delivery insurance.
What is pizza delivery insurance?
It’s a type of hire and reward insurance that’s designed for anyone who delivers takeaway pizza. Policies take into account the increased risk of an accident occurring because of your job – for example, because you:
- Are likely to be driving mainly at night
- May be expected to drive in all weathers
- Will usually be working to a tight time schedule
- Will be covering more miles than an average driver.
Do I need pizza delivery car insurance?
If you’re using your own car to deliver pizza, then you’ll need specific car insurance for pizza delivery drivers – even if you already have standard car insurance.
This is because standard car insurance typically only covers you for certain uses, including: social, domestic, pleasure and commuting to a single place of work. Using your vehicle to deliver takeaway food falls outside of this which means you won’t be covered if you have an accident while using your car for deliveries.
This type of hire and reward insurance is also a legal requirement. If you’re caught without appropriate insurance you could be fined or have points added to your licence. With all this in mind, it’s vital to have suitable insurance for pizza deliveries before you hit the road.
What level of pizza delivery insurance do I need?
Like other types of car insurance, you’ll be able to choose from one of these three levels of cover:
- Third party only cover – compensates other people for injury or damage you cause to them or their property. Bear in mind that third party only doesn’t cover the cost of repairing your car after an accident. This is also the minimum you can have by law.
- Third party, fire and theft cover – includes third party only and will also cover the cost of repair or replacement if your car is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive cover – includes third party, fire and theft and will also compensate you if your car is damaged or destroyed in an accident (even if it was your fault).
Your insurer will also give you the opportunity to add extra features to your policy in order to give you greater all-round protection. For instance, popular additions include:
- Breakdown cover.
- Courtesy car.
- Legal expenses cover for help with legal advice and court costs.
- Public liability cover in case someone takes you to court because work activities have caused injury or damage.
Does the pizza delivery firm I work for affect the cost of my pizza delivery insurance?
It’s unlikely that the franchise or business you work for will affect the insurance you need. Whether you’re a Domino’s deliver driver, you drive for Pizza Hut or for an independent takeaway, the risks you face in your line of work will be relatively consistent.
Of course, if your insurer asks you for details about who you work for then it’s crucial to let them know. Not providing accurate information can invalidate your entire policy which means your insurer can refuse to pay out.
Is pizza delivery car insurance expensive?
The cost of car insurance for pizza delivery drivers varies depending on all sorts of factors, for example:
- The car you drive – the more expensive or powerful your car, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- The number of miles you do – covering lots of miles increases the risk of an accident happening which is often reflected in higher premiums.
- The area you live or work in – if you live in a busy, built up area with lots of congestion, chances are you’ll pay a higher premium compared to someone in a quieter, more rural location where the risk of an accident is lower.
- Your claims history – a recent claim made in the last five years can push up your premium.
Needless to say, premium cost is likely to influence any decision you make over the policy you choose. But it’s also important to ensure that what you do choose, gives you the protection you need.
Cheaper policies may come with numerous conditions and exclusions (events that aren’t covered). On the other hand, policies that look expensive might offer more comprehensive protection and include more features – giving you better value for money overall.
Search for cheap pizza delivery insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we make it easy to search for pizza delivery car insurance to suit your needs. Simply tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll bring you a range of quotes from our panel of trusted providers.