Compare scooter courier insurance quotes now
Cheap Scooter Courier Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2914 customer reviews
Scooter Courier Insurance
Whether you ride a scooter or a moped, it’s crucial to have cover that meets your needs – especially if you’re working as a courier. Without appropriate insurance, you could face hefty repair bills, legal costs and compensation claims – so here’s our guide to getting the right courier insurance for scooters.
What is scooter courier insurance?
It’s insurance designed to cover the hazards you face as a scooter or moped courier. Policies take into account the increased risk of an accident occurring because you’re riding in all weathers and often working to a strict timetable of deliveries. If you deliver takeaway food, then insurers will also consider the fact that you’ll typically be riding at night.
Do I need courier scooter insurance?
Standard scooter (or moped) insurance won’t cover you for the increased risks you face as a courier. It means that if you have an accident, your insurer can refuse to pay out and you won’t receive any compensation at all.
What does scooter and moped courier insurance cover?
Specific features will vary from policy to policy depending on the insurer’s own terms and conditions, but you’ll be able to choose from one of these three levels of cover:
- Third party only – covers injury or damage done to other people and their property if you have an accident. However, this level of cover won’t pay to repair your scooter or moped. This is the minimum level of cover you can have by law.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only but will also pay to repair or replace your scooter or moped if it’s damaged by fire or is stolen.
- Comprehensive – includes third party, fire and theft and also covers the cost if your scooter or moped is damaged or destroyed in an accident. This is the highest level of cover you can get.
Is scooter courier insurance expensive?
The cost of scooter courier insurance depends on numerous factors – for example the level of cover you choose and the type of scooter or moped you have. Insurers will also take into account your own unique circumstances such as:
- How long you’ve been riding your scooter or moped – more years of experience can mean you pay less than a young or inexperienced rider.
- The types of goods you’re delivering – high value items can lead to higher premiums as the cost to replace stolen items will be higher (and potentially be a greater target to thieves).
- Your claims history and riding record – a recent claim (made in the last five years) can push up your premium. Similarly, if you’ve got any points on your licence, you can expect to pay more than those who don’t.
Because all these different factors influence premium price, cost can vary significantly which is why it’s so important to compare quotes for price and features.
Cheap policies might be tempting but there could be a long list of exclusions (events that aren’t covered). It’s also worth checking the excess on a policy – this is the amount you have to pay before a claim can go ahead. Some cheaper scooter or moped courier insurance policies come with high excesses which can be prohibitive.
On the other hand, policies that appear expensive might have fewer exclusions or have a much lower excess and give you better value for money overall.
Is scooter courier insurance the same as moped courier insurance?
Scooters and mopeds share some similarities, but they are different, so you’ll need a policy that covers the vehicle you’re riding.
With scooters and mopeds, the key difference is engine size. If the engine is under 50cc and can go no faster than 28mph, then your vehicle will be classed as a moped. When you search for quotes, you’ll be asked about the type of vehicle you have, and this will be reflected in your policy so there shouldn’t be any confusion.