Login Menu

Compare Spanish Holiday Home Insurance Quotes Now

Cheap Spanish Holiday Home Insurance

  • Quotes from UK insurance providers
  • One short form – save time & money

Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including

Insurance for Holiday Homes
Park Home Assist Insurance
Apricot Insurance
Highworth Insurance
GSI Insurance
My Insurance
Ibex Insurance
My Holiday Home Insurance
Brady Insurance
Peacock Insurance Services
Got You Covered
Ace Insurance
Coversure Insurance Services
Sharrock Insurance

Looking for cheaper insurance?


Secure & Encrypted

We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.


Over three million users

Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.


You could save time and money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.


Independent and unbiased service

We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.

What people have to say about us

Easy and very fair quotes, thanks.


Grays, United Kingdom

Very easy and quick to compare quotes.


United Kingdom

4.75/5 from 3260 customer reviews

Spanish holiday home Insurance

Get competitive insurance quotes for holiday homes in Spain from across the UK

Having a holiday home in Spain can be nice, but it can also present several risks and possibilities for problems. It is very important to get your holiday home in Spain properly insured. This will help make sure you are protected in case of any problems that may occur whether you are on the property at that time or not.

There are several factors to consider when looking for insurance for Spanish holiday homes. The type of insurance you need will be different depending on whether it is only you and your family who use the holiday home or whether you rent it out. If you rent out your holiday home in Spain, you may need holiday let insurance as well as holiday home insurance. Whether you need to insure a Spanish holiday home lodge or house or another type of property, you could get cheaper insurance by comparing quotes from many different insurance providers over the UK.

Can I get regular home insurance for my Spanish holiday home?

No. Most home insurance will not be appropriate for Spanish holiday home insurance. This is because most house insurance does not cover properties that are rented as holiday lets, or houses that are left unoccupied for more than 30 days at a time.

How much is holiday home insurance in Spain?

The cost of insuring your Spanish holiday home will vary across different insurers. Insurers will use factors such as your properties location in Spain, how many months your property will be vacant throughout the year, as well as your required level of coverage to determine your premiums.

Because there is such variability between quotes it is recommended that you always try and compare as many quotes as possible to see which insurer can offer you the best deal. Since insurance deals change it is also hard to say that one insurer is definitively cheaper than the other. This again emphasises the importance of comparing Spanish holiday home insurance to find the best deals for you.

Is it more expensive to insure a Spanish holiday home?

In general yes, insuring a Spanish holiday or any overseas holiday home will typically be more expensive than insuring a local property. This is due to risks such as overseas properties being left unoccupied for longer periods of the year, increasing the likelihood of theft and property damage.

Again the best way of ensuring you don’t pay any more than you need to for your Spanish holiday home cover is to compare multiple providers.

Why do I need insurance for a Spanish holiday home?

There are several risks associated with having a holiday home. Since the house is left unoccupied or unmonitored for longer periods of time than a regular home, there is a greater risk of problems developing. For example, you may not notice a leaking pipe until it has caused significant damage to your holiday home.

If you let your Spanish holiday home out to paying guests you may also want additional insurance to protect you in case something happens to your paying guests.

What type of buildings can be covered by Spanish holiday home insurance?

Holiday home insurance in Spain, can cover almost any type of building. This includes buildings which are for your personal use or for renting out, including properties rented by a third party or letting agency. You can also specify to insure properties that have hot tubs, saunas, holiday home gyms, swimming pools, and more features.

How long can I leave my holiday home empty?

Most insurers will continue to insure your Spanish holiday home regardless of how long you leave it empty, but some may stop the insurance if you leave your holiday home empty for 90 days or longer. It is important to compare insurance quotes to make sure you get the right kind of insurance for your Spanish holiday home.

Do I need public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance helps to cover the results of any accidents or injury to a member of the public at your holiday home. Even when it is not a legal requirement to have public liability insurance, it is worth considering for your Spanish holiday home.

What are the levels of coverage available for Spanish holiday home insurance?

If you let out your Spanish holiday home then having public liability would be an appropriate level of cover. Some holiday letting sites will require you have public liability cover with a minimum level of coverage to be listed on their site. You may also wish to include contents insurance to insure your properties contents from damage and theft. Many insurers will offer you the ability to include add-ons to your insurance policy to bolster your coverage. This means you’ll be able to customise your Spanish home insurance to best suit your needs.