Get cheap Prague travel insurance quotes now
Compare Prague Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Prague Travel Insurance
Prague is one of the top destinations for city breaks from the UK. And it’s easy to see why people love this historic city with its architectural heritage, rich culture and selection of famous beers.
And although the Czech Republic is a relatively safe country to visit, like most places there are higher risks in busy tourist cities. Prague has had issues with pickpocketing, tourist scams and bag snatching. So it’s important to stay aware of your belongings and get adequate Prague travel insurance so you have a safety net for when things go wrong.
Prague Travel Insurance from UK
Regardless of whether your visit is a brief city break or an extended trip across Europe, having the right insurance adds an invaluable layer of security.
When looking for Travel insurance to Prague, you’ll need a policy that covers Europe. Other options within this cover can tailor your insurance to your travel needs depending on how long you are travelling for, and how often you will be travelling. These include:
- Single trip insurance – Ideal for short-term stays and single European trips within a year.
- Annual multi-trip insurance – Convenient if you take multiple holidays within a year as it will eliminate the need for buying separate coverage each time you travel.
- Backpacker insurance – Perfect for traversing multiple countries in Europe over an extended period.
Cheap Prague Travel Insurance
Generally, European travel insurance tends to be more affordable due to lower medical costs. But the specific cost of your Prague travel insurance will depend on several factors, including the duration of your stay, your age, your planned activities or any existing medical conditions you have.
One of the main ways to find cheap Prague travel insurance is to compare various policies and choose the best price for your needs and budget.
Do you need travel insurance to go to Prague?
While Prague travel insurance from UK isn’t mandatory, it’s highly recommended by travel agents and government bodies. This is because of the potential financial impact that unexpected events can have if you are left to deal with accidents alone.
Even if you possess some level of medical coverage in Europe, unforeseen incidents can result in significant financial strain without appropriate medical insurance coverage. This is especially important if you have existing medical conditions to ensure you are not compromising your medical care when travelling.
Is travel insurance worth it for Prague?
No matter how comfortable you feel in a city, or how brief your trip, it’s still important to have travel insurance. Accidents can happen anywhere, and our own research on the common scams in European cities revealed how often travellers experience theft and are scammed out of money when abroad.
Prague has its own set of scams and teams of pickpockets working at popular tourist sites, and although replacing something like a lost phone might seem trivial to some, this is not the only risk. Travel insurance also covers medical costs, damages you cause to others and legal fees, and these can be much more financially devastating to deal with alone.
Advice from our experts:
“It is important to remember to get a police report for the loss or theft of an item as this will help support an insurance claim.” – Greg Wilson, CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
Can I use my EHIC or GHIC card in Prague?
Yes, the Czech Republic is in Europe so you will be entitled to necessary medical treatment if you have an EHIC or GHIC card. If you still have an EHIC card, it is still valid until it expires at which point you will have to apply for a new GHIC card.
Although this is a great benefit, it is not a substitute for the comprehensive medical coverage you get when you buy travel insurance from UK to Prague. And the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office strongly advises that UK visitors to Europe have separate insurance when travelling.
What does Prague travel insurance cover?
A travel insurance Prague policy can provide a wide range of protection for:
1. Travel Issues
- Missed departures
- Delayed travel
- Delayed baggage
2. Health Cover
- Medical expenses outside of what is covered by EHIC and GHIC cards
- Repatriation or return to the UK for medical treatment or in case of death
- Daily hospital expenses
- Serious personal accidents that lead to long-term disablement or death
3. Finances and Possessions
- Personal liability for damage you caused to another person or property
- Lost documents
- Baggage Loss
- Personal property and money
What does Prague travel insurance not cover?
Prague Travel Insurance will also have exclusions to be aware of, like:
- Travelling against government advice – check the latest advice on travelling to the Czech Republic before your trip to Prague.
- Substance use – Any injuries or accidents that happen under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- High-risk activities – Certain high-risk activities or sports may require additional coverage. Without this, they won’t be covered by your Prague travel insurance.
- Unexpected events – Events that affect your travel plans like terrorism, civil unrest and natural disasters may not be covered in standard travel insurance policies. But these can often be added to a policy at extra cost.
- Illegal actions – Claims that are made as the result of illegal activities won’t be covered. Prague has restrictions on public drinking and you can be arrested or fined for drunken or offensive behaviours.
- Not disclosing existing medical conditions – You must make any existing medical conditions you have clear to the insurer or you could risk completely invalidating your insurance.
Finding the Prague travel insurance that covers your needs and budget can be time-consuming. But we help you quickly compare options from 30 experienced UK travel insurance providers, so you can get back to the fun stuff. Nothing beats travelling with peace of mind, knowing you are covered if things go wrong.