Plymouth Car Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Plymouth
- Compare 110+ providers & save up to £504*
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Compare cheap car insurance quotes from over 110 UK providers, including
Looking to insure a car for less?
Compare quotes from over 110 car insurance companies
Our car insurance comparison services increases your chance of finding a great deal by comparing 110+ quotes side-by-side.
Buy your car insurance online or over the phone
Sign up online or over the phone, and choose from monthly or annual payment options.
Save on your insurance
One short form is all it takes to compare cheap car insurance policies from over 100 insurance providers.
Over three million users
Over 3 million people save money with us each year.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
The quote l got was the cheapest on all the comparison websites
I used other sites to get a car insurance. Quotezone was by far the best. I took a car insurance with an insurance company that they suggested. Since then I had an accident and the insurance company was great and I am very happy with them. To summaries I got a great deal from the financial aspects and also from the customer services aspects. I have already recommended Quotezone to a number of friends and as far as I know two of them have insured their cars via them.
4.89/5 from 38 customer reviews
Plymouth Car Insurance
If you are a Plymouth based driver, you may be wondering how much your car insurance premium costs stack up against other major UK cities. The good news is that Plymouth is a relatively cheap city to insure your car when compared with some other locations such as London for example.
Should I go through a local Plymouth car insurance broker?
Whilst there is no harm in going through a local broker to see what they can offer, you may be limiting yourself if you rely on them as your only reference. Many insurance brokers will be paid a commission from the providers on their panel, so they are incentivised to sign you up with one of their providers only. This commission will also likely drive up the cost of your policy overall as the insurer looks to cover the extra cost. Many insurance brokers may also be working with a limited number of providers on their panel and so they are typically not as effective as comparison sites for getting quotes from across the whole market. Insurance brokers can sometimes be useful for negotiating a better price with providers who they have a relationship with, however this will still usually be limited to a certain number of providers and won’t guarantee the cheapest option.
Getting cheaper car insurance in Plymouth
There are a number of ways to save on your car insurance and these steps don’t need to be complicated. In fact little changes and good habits can all accumulate over time to reduce your risk profile with insurers and make your premiums cheaper.
- Opting for a Blackbox or telematics policy.
- Avoid penalty points and fines
- Increase your voluntary excess
- Bundle multiple cars under a multi-car policy
- Don’t auto-renew, shop around
- Park your car in a garage if you can or at least not on the street
All these little things can add up to save you big money on your premiums. Unfortunately some areas of Plymouth will mean you are faced with higher premiums than drivers in other areas and this factor can’t be altered unless you move. However by controlling the risk factors you do have influence over, you can smartly save on those car insurance premiums when it comes time to renew, regardless of where you live.
Stats for Plymouth based car insurance
- The average cost of car insurance in Plymouth is £450 per year.
- The most expensive age group to insure a car in Plymouth is 17-20 years old, with an average premium of £1,150 per year.
- The cheapest age group to insure a car in Plymouth is 60+ years old, with an average premium of £350 per year.
- The most expensive type of car to insure in Plymouth is a sports car, with an average premium of £1,500 per year.
- The cheapest type of car to insure in Plymouth is a small hatchback, with an average premium of £300 per year.
- Drivers with a clean driving record can expect to pay lower premiums than drivers with a history of accidents or traffic violations.
- Drivers who take a defensive driving course can also expect to receive a discount on their car insurance premiums.
Getting cheap car insurance
If you’re looking for cheaper car insurance then Quotezone can help with that. Our panel of over 110 insurance providers can help you get the right insurance quotes fast, simply complete an online form and start comparing multiple quotes fast.
*51% of consumers could save £504.25 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next five cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from September 2023 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.