Login Menu

Compare house insurance quotes

Cheap House Insurance

  • Quotes from UK insurance providers
  • One short form – save time & money

Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 50 UK home insurance providers, including

Home Insurance
Home Insurance
Polish Insurance
M&S Bank

Looking for cheaper insurance?


Search up to 50 different home insurance providers

Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.


Buy online or by phone

Purchase your home policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.


You could save time and money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.


Over three million users

Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.


Secure & Encrypted

We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.


Independent and unbiased service

We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.

What people have to say about us

Really helpful and saved me a fortune on my house insurance


Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

My home insurance had double in one year. I had been with this insurance company for over 20 years, and never claimed. Yet I was given no good reason for the increase, but that the cost of things were going up. I managed to get a better cover for a lot less then 50% of my new quote.


United Kingdom

4.75/5 from 24 customer reviews

Compare house insurance with Quotezone.co.uk

home insurance

There’s a good chance your house is going to be one of the most expensive investments you’ll ever make, which means it would be a good idea to safeguard that investment with a topnotch house insurance policy.

Of course, just because you might want the best house insurance you can find doesn’t mean you want to pay over the odds for your house insurance – which is where we come in.

Quotezone.co.uk’s free online house insurance comparison system can help you compare quotes from over 50 different providers in a matter of minutes, making it much more likely that you’ll find a cheap house insurance policy.

We compare house insurance quotes for everything from terraced houses to detached houses to bungalows, and you’ll have the option to choose a buildings insurance policy, a contents insurance policy or combined buildings and contents insurance.

Compare cheap house insurance quotes now

What does house insurance cover me against?

While the exacts details of what’s included and what’s excluded will vary from one insurance provider to the next, generally speaking house insurance should cover against the following types of ‘insurable risks’:

  • Damage caused by adverse weather conditions, including storms and flooding
  • Fire damage, provided the fire is not the result of negligence on your part
  • Water damage caused by broken water pipes
  • Structural damage caused by falling trees or a lightning strike
  • Theft and burglary, provided the property was locked and secure at the time of the incident.
Will house insurance cover me if my house is unoccupied?

That will depend on how long the house has been empty, as well as the restrictions specified in your particular insurance policy.

If you’ve simply gone on holiday for a week or two then you should still be covered by your house insurance while you’re away, but if the property is unoccupied for more than a month at a time you’ll need to let your house insurance provider know, and they may increase your premium a little to reflect this increased risk.

If your house is likely to be empty for a long period it might be working taking out an unoccupied house insurance policy, which is a type of insurance designed to cover the risks associated with unoccupied properties.

Does house insurance cover me against accidental damage?

No, when you’re insuring a house you’ll likely find that most building and contents insurance and contents insurance policies usually won’t include accidental damage insurance as standard.

However, it’s usually possible to add this type of cover to your house insurance policy as an optional extra, although you will usually have to pay a little more for this.