Get cheap Croatia travel insurance quotes now
Compare Croatia Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Croatia Travel Insurance
Croatia is a dream holiday destination, with its historic walled cities, crystal clear seas and picturesque coasts. Whether you’re touring breweries, basking in the sun, or exploring the masses of islands, Croatia offers unforgettable experiences.
And to make sure nothing spoils your trip, it’s essential to secure travel insurance that safeguards your journey. Croatia travel insurance can give you peace of mind as well as financial and personal protection when things go wrong.
Croatia Travel Insurance from UK
While Croatia is a relatively safe country to visit, like any other tourist destination you will still need proper protection for things like pickpocketing, cancelled flights or lost luggage. Unfortunately, these are risks you can’t avoid, but you can make sure you won’t have to bear their financial burden.
And with more people taking to Croatia for music festivals and yacht week, you could be taking more risks than usual. Having Croatia travel insurance from UK coverage for water sports, medical treatments, or accidental harm to others can be crucial on these types of holidays.
Cheap Croatia Travel Insurance
Finding the best Croatia travel insurance for you might mean staying within your budget. And one of the best methods of finding cheaper insurance is by comparing quotes. Getting prices from multiple insurers, often helps you find the same level of protection at a more reasonable price, ensuring you’re not paying more than you need to.
At Quotezone.co.uk, we are regulated by the FCA and are committed to providing transparent and unbiased comparisons of 30 UK travel insurance companies.
How much is travel insurance for Croatia?
There is no one blanket Croatia travel insurance cost. Your insurance premium will be set by insurers based on multiple factors, including:
- Your Croatian destination – Whether you’re travelling to Zagreb, Split, or Dubrovnik, insurers will look at risks associated with the area you are visiting and set premiums accordingly.
- Your age – Older travellers are usually quoted higher premiums because of their increased likelihood of filing claims.
- Your planned activities – If you have any activities booked that are considered high-risk, you could need additional add-ons to cover these. Examples would be water sports or trekking.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – Your insurance expenses could be higher if you have specific medical conditions as you might need to be covered by a specialist insurer.
- Type of coverage – The most common coverage option is typically single-trip insurance, which is used for one-time, short-term holidays. However, if you are travelling multiple times within a year, or are travelling to multiple countries for extended periods, annual travel insurance or backpacker insurance could be a more cost effective option.
Is Croatia classed as Europe for travel insurance?
Yes, Croatia is part of Europe and is included under European travel insurance. Croatia is also part of the EU, and has recently adopted the Euro as its official currency, changing from the previous Croatian Kuna.
This means that you can choose travel insurance to Croatia or use Europe as your coverage area, and you will be protected during your time in Croatia.
Do I need travel insurance for Croatia?
While it’s not legally required to get Croatia travel insurance from UK, we strongly recommend it. Travel insurance offers invaluable protection for you and your finances, and can prevent you from facing potential financial difficulties when things go wrong.
Croatia travel insurance gives you protection and support for:
- Medical care – Protection for medical procedures that are not classified as emergencies or private treatments that are not included in your EHIC or GHIC card coverage.
- Repatriation – Covering the expenses associated with your return to the UK if it is needed for specialised medical treatment or in the event of your passing.
- Coverage for personal accidents – Providing financial aid for severe injuries like lossing a limb, blindness, or permanent disability.
- Cancellations and curtailments – Protects the money you invested into your holiday if it is cancelled or needs to be cut short for reasons covered on your policy.
- Liability protection – Gives you support in the event that someone else is harmed or damage is caused as a result of your actions.
- Support for legal costs – Offering assistance with legal fees associated with damages caused to third parties.
- Protection for personal belongings – This covers your personal items and luggage up to a certain limit if they are lost or stolen.
What travel insurance do I need for Croatia?
The travel insurance you need depends on your plans for your trip. Standard travel insurance for Croatia is sufficient for most travellers, but you might consider additional coverage or add-ons which can affect your Croatia travel insurance cost.
Additional coverage options can include:
- Pre-existing health conditions cover – This can ensure that your condition is covered and you have sufficient medical insurance so you dont have to compromise on your health care when away.
- Luggage and personal possessions – If you have any high value items that exceed typical coverage limits you can opt for higher limits. This can be useful if you’re travelling with expensive jewellery or engagement rings.
- Activity cover – If you plan on doing any high risk activities like boating, trekking or water sports, you will typically need an additional add-on.
- Unexpected events – These can prepare for disruptions caused by political protests, heatwaves or earthquakes that are quite common in Croatia.
- Gadget insurance – If you are working on your travels, or are a keen photographer you might consider gadget insurance as it covers various gadgets and electronics.
Advice from our experts:
“Most travel insurance policies cover important documentation such as passports but rarely cover stolen cash and phones. Most providers allow travellers to add on extras that might be needed such as gadget travel insurance.” – Greg Wilson, Founder and CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
Is my EHIC or GHIC card still valid in Croatia?
Yes if you have an EHIC card it will still be valid until it expires. When this happens you will need to replace it with the new GHIC card.
While these cards cover emergency medical treatment, travel insurance to Croatia offers much more comprehensive care options, including private care facilities, repatriation, and specialised treatments. This is especially important if you have pre-existing medical conditions.
To ensure a secure and memorable adventure in Croatia, get a quote from Quotezone.co.uk. We allow you to quickly compare quotes from 30 UK travel insurers with a single form. Start your journey with peace of mind, ready to create unforgettable memories in this stunning country.