Get cheap asia travel insurance quotes now
Compare Asia Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Asia Travel Insurance
Travelling through the diverse and exciting countries of Asia is a fantastic experience. From Japan and Thailand to Vietnam, India, and Singapore, you’ll encounter unique cultures and incredible new experiences.
But, like with any adventure, and especially one that puts you outside of your comfort zone, things can sometimes go wrong. That’s where getting specialised travel insurance Asia coverage comes in. It offers you protection and support for various situations like missed flights, theft, medical expenses, and more.
Travel Insurance Asia
Asia travel insurance is usually sold with worldwide travel insurance coverage. This means that even if you plan to travel through multiple countries on your trip, you can do so without having to worry about multiple insurance policies.
However, if a country is considered high risk for any reason by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) it will usually be excluded from insurance coverage. So be sure to check the latest travel advice on your destination before you buy.
Cheap Asia Travel Insurance
Comparison has become an important part of buying all insurance, and this is for a valid reason. When you compare Asia travel insurance quotes across 30 UK travel insurance providers, you can be sure that you are not paying more for the same level of cover.
How much is Asia travel insurance?
Travel insurance for Asia can be more expensive than European travel. This is because it covers so many different countries and because medical care costs can be higher outside of Europe.
This coverage also includes repatriation, which is bringing you back to the UK for special medical attention or in case of emergencies. This can also be more expensive simply because you are further from home.
Other factors influencing the cost of your Asia travel insurance premium include:
- Your travel destination – Insurers will look at the likelihood of accidents and claims in the area you are travelling to.
- Your age – Typically, older individuals pay higher insurance premiums as they’re more likely to make a claim.
- Your planned activities – Engaging in high risk activities like travelling on motorbikes, or doing water sports can raise the cost of your policy due to the perceived increased risk.
- Pre existing medical conditions – Insurance costs may rise if you have specific medical conditions, as insurers consider you more likely to need medical attention.
- Coverage type – The type of cover you need is influenced by how frequently you travel. Single trip travel insurance is cost effective for a one off holiday, while an annual travel insurance policy is beneficial if you travel multiple times a year.
If you need extra tips on making your money go further while you travel, you can check out our guide to making the most of your holiday fund.
Do I need travel insurance for Asia?
Although travel insurance isn’t a legal requirement, we would strongly advise it for your personal and financial protection on your travels. Healthcare systems can vary greatly from country to country within Asia and insurance can ensure you don’t have to compromise on medical care when abroad.
Travelling without proper insurance can not only expose you to minor expenses like replacing a stolen phone or passport. But it can also leave you vulnerable to significant and financially devastating costs, including medical bills, damage to third parties, and legal fees.
How do I get travel insurance for South East Asia?
If you’re looking for travel insurance for South East Asia, you might consider backpackers insurance. This type of coverage offers protection for a longer trip and lets you move between various countries in the region while staying protected under one policy.
What is covered by Asia travel insurance?
With Asia travel insurance you’ll typically be insured for:
- Medical treatment – Protection for the cost of medical treatment.
- Repatriation – Coverage for costs of getting you back to the UK if you need specialised medical treatment.
- Personal accident cover – Financial support for serious injuries like limb loss or blindness.
- Holiday curtailment and cancellation cover – Protects your financial investment if you need to cancel or cut your trip short.
- Personal liability cover – Covers you if someone else is injured due to your actions.
- Legal expenses – Assists with legal fees if you need legal help.
What is not covered by Asia travel insurance?
There are things that Asia travel insurance typically doesn’t cover, like:
- Undeclared pre-existing medical conditions – You must tell the insurance provider about any existing medical conditions or you could invalidate your insurance.
- Drugs and alcohol – Injuries or accidents while under the influence of drugs or alcohol may not be covered.
- Extreme sports – Some high risk activities might need extra coverage that is usually offered as an add on to travel insurance for Asia.
- Terrorism and civil unrest – Check your policy carefully for coverage in these situations.
- Natural disasters – Again check if your policy covers natural disasters, as some insurers wont cover these, especially in areas prone to these disasters.
- Breaking the law – Claims resulting from illegal activities will be denied. It’s your responsibility to know and abide by the laws in the countries you visit.
What our experts say:
“It’s also worth noting that most standard travel insurance policies don’t cover loss or theft of cash, so if holidaymakers intend on taking a large sum of cash with them, it would be worth speaking to their insurance provider and adding on any additional cover they need.” – Greg Wilson, Founder and CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
Your adventure should begin with finding the right Asia travel insurance cover. And we are here to make it simple by quickly comparing 30 UK travel insurers so you can get the coverage you need. Get a quote now at Quotezone.co.uk.