Get cheap Bali travel insurance quotes now
Compare Bali Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Bali Travel Insurance
If you’re travelling to Indonesia’s ultimate holiday destination you’ll be ready to explore Bali’s stunning beaches, rice terraces, and temples of worship. But some of Bali’s must do activities can put you at higher risk than you’re used to.
These include cliff jumping into waterfalls, hiking volcanoes and visiting monkey sanctuaries that produce viral videos of tourists having their £800 phone or designer glasses snatched.
We agree these things are not to be missed, but it’s essential to have travel insurance Bali coverage to protect and support you so you can enjoy a stress free trip.
Travel Insurance Bali
For your Bali adventure, you’ll need worldwide travel insurance, and this comes in different forms, tailored to your travel plans:
- Single trip insurance – This gives you instant coverage for one-off journeys with specific start and end dates.
- Annual multi trip insurance – If you’re a regular traveller, this may be the most cost effective choice, as it covers multiple trips throughout the year.
- Backpacker insurance – If you’re embarking on an extended journey, this insurance gives you comprehensive coverage for the duration of your stay under a single policy.
Cheap Bali Travel Insurance
How much you’ll pay for travel insurance for Bali depends on a few factors, including how long you’re going for and what you’ll be doing while you’re away.
One of the main ways to find cheap Bali travel insurance is to compare various policies to find the best price for the coverage you need.
How much is travel insurance to Bali?
Travel insurance to Bali can be more expensive than European travel. This is partially because of medical care costs and repatriation costs from Bali to the UK.
Other factors influencing the cost of your Bali travel insurance premium include:
- Your destination – The location you’re travelling to can impact your premium due to varying accident and claim rates.
- Your age – Typically, older travellers pay higher premiums due to their increased likelihood of making a claim.
- Planned activities – Engaging in high risk activities like surfing, trekking, or scooter travel may raise your premiums.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – Certain medical conditions may increase costs as insurers consider the likelihood of needing medical attention.
- Coverage type – Single trip, annual travel insurance, and backpacker insurance offer different levels of protection at different costs.
Is travel insurance necessary for Bali?
While Bali travel insurance from UK isn’t mandatory, it’s strongly recommended for both personal and financial security. Bali’s medical care can be expensive, and insurance ensures you won’t have to compromise on your health during your travels.
Without proper coverage, you risk significant costs, including medical bills, property damage, and legal fees. It’s not a risk worth taking.
What is covered by Bali travel insurance?
With Bali travel insurance you’ll typically be insured for:
- Medical treatment – Protection for the cost of any medical treatment you need.
- Repatriation – Coverage for the cost of getting you back to the UK if you need specialised medical treatment or in the instance of death.
- Personal accident cover – Financial support for serious injuries like limb loss or blindness.
- Holiday curtailment and cancellation cover – Protects your financial investments if you need to cancel or cut your trip short.
- Personal liability cover – Covers you if someone else is injured due to your actions.
- Legal expenses – Assists with legal fees if you need legal help with third party damages.
What is not covered by Bali travel insurance?
There are things that Bali travel insurance typically doesn’t cover, like:
- Undeclared pre-existing medical conditions – You must tell the insurance provider about any existing medical conditions you have or you could risk completely invalidating your insurance.
- Drugs and alcohol – Injuries or accidents you suffer while under the influence of drugs or alcohol may not be covered by your insurance.
- Extreme sports – Some high risk activities might need the extra coverage that is usually offered as an add on to travel insurance to Bali.
- Terrorism and civil unrest – Check your policy carefully for coverage in these situations.
- Natural disasters – Again check if your policy covers natural disasters, as some insurers won’t cover these, especially in areas like Bali which are more prone to these disasters than others.
- Breaking the law – Claims that result from illegal activities or actions won’t be covered. And It’s your responsibility to know and abide by the laws in Bali.
What travel insurance do you need for Bali?
Standard travel insurance policies often cover low risk leisure activities like swimming and sightseeing. But, if you plan on more adventurous pursuits, it’s important that you consider additional holiday activity coverage.
High risk activities that might require special coverage include:
- Water sports like surfing, kayaking, sailing, and scuba diving
- Trekking, especially at high altitudes
- Caving and spelunking
- Motorcycle or scooter touring
- Bungee jumping, paragliding, and skydiving
- Horse riding
What travel insurance covers Bali volcanoes?
Bali is nestled within the ‘ring of fire,’ so it’s prone to volcanic eruptions and earthquakes due to tectonic plate movement. And active volcanoes like Mount Batur and Mount Agung have disrupted travel in the past.
To safeguard your trip against these events, it’s important to check that your travel insurance has coverage for trip disruption or natural catastrophes. This can cover cancellation, delay or holiday disruption caused by these natural events.
Remember to always check the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) advice for Indonesia before travelling to Bali. Ignoring their advice may invalidate your travel insurance.
What are the entry requirements for Bali?
As a British citizen, you can enjoy a visa free stay in Bali for up to 30 days with a valid British passport. For longer stays, apply for a visa before travelling. And always ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from your entry date into Indonesia. You can also check the full entry requirements for Indonesia here.
Your Indonesian adventure starts with finding the right Bali travel insurance from UK. And we are here to simplify the process for you. Quickly compare offerings from 30 UK travel insurers to secure the coverage you need for a worry free holiday in gorgeous Bali.