Add-on Car Insurance
Car Insurance with Add-ons
- Compare 110+ providers and save up to £490*
- Access Cashback and Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Compare cheap car insurance quotes from over 110 UK providers, including
Looking to insure a car for less?
Compare quotes from over 110 car insurance companies
Our car insurance comparison services increases your chance of finding a great deal by comparing 110+ quotes side-by-side.
Buy your car insurance online or over the phone
Sign up online or over the phone, and choose from monthly or annual payment options.
Save on your insurance
One short form is all it takes to compare cheap car insurance policies from over 100 insurance providers.
Over three million users
Over 3 million people save money with us each year.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
The quote l got was the cheapest on all the comparison websites
I used other sites to get a car insurance. Quotezone was by far the best. I took a car insurance with an insurance company that they suggested. Since then I had an accident and the insurance company was great and I am very happy with them. To summaries I got a great deal from the financial aspects and also from the customer services aspects. I have already recommended Quotezone to a number of friends and as far as I know two of them have insured their cars via them.
4.89/5 from 38 customer reviews
Add-On Car Insurance
Car Insurance with Add-Ons
If you’ve had an accident and need a spare car, or you’ve been driving on rough country roads and need to fix a windscreen crack, then getting an add-on policy may be for you. Whilst more comprehensive levels of coverage can sometimes include all the coverage you need, there are many more instances of motorists needing to take out add-ons and extras in order to satisfy their needed coverage. That’s where Quotezone is here to help, with over 110 insurers from across the UK to compare, you’ll be spoiled for choice.
What car insurance add-ons do I need?
Regardless of whether you are deciding to purchase a Third-Party Only, Third-Party, Fire & Theft or comprehensive, there may be some additional cover you’d like to add to your policy. These extras can vary from person to person and will really depend on your own needs and preferences. There are a wide variety of add-on options available to UK motorists. Add-ons will come at an additional cost and have their own limitations and terms and conditions.
In short, add-ons are not a must have for all motorists and although many insurers would love for all their customers to take out add-on policies, it’s not always necessary. For example if your main concern when taking out a car insurance policy is what will happen to your family or yourself if you are involved in a serious car crash, then life insurance or income protection may be an add-on that you can benefit from. Ultimately you should think about what coverage you exactly want and need, and then add these to your quote for comparison.
What types of add-ons are available?
There are a wide variety of add-ons that can be chosen to tailorise your car insurance policy to your needs. Some of the more popular add-ons include breakdown cover, windscreen cover, contents insurance and car key cover.
- Breakdown cover – Breakdown cover is designed to give you 24/7 coverage in case your vehicle runs into mechanical problems on the road. This will cover you for the costs of roadside repairs and a tow if needed. There are varied types of breakdown cover such as European breakdown cover, personal cover and at home breakdown cover.
- Contents cover – With over 200,000 cars broken into last year, many motorists wish to insure the contents of their car in case of theft. This can include laptops, sports gear, speakers and any other valuable contents kept in your car. Most insurance policies will usually place a cap on the amount you can claim for in the event that your possessions are stolen. This cap will vary depending on the policy you choose.
- Hire car cover – Hire car cover is designed to help you in case you need an emergency replacement car. This means you’ll be able to get sorted for a cover car if your vehicle is getting repaired or replaced. Many car insurance policies will set a time limit for when you can claim on hire car cover but you’ll need to confirm this with your insurer.
- Windscreen cover – Windscreen cover essentially covers the cost of repair or replacement for your windscreen if its damaged due to an insurable event.
These add-ons are the most common types that UK motorists choose when taking out a standard car insurance policy. The exact type of add-on you take out will depend on your own needs but there are plenty of options. Additional forms of coverage you may wish to add-on could include ‘Drive any other vehicle‘ (DOC) as well as multi-driver car insurance.
What is personal accident cover?
Personal accident cover is an add-on designed to give you the peace of mind that your loved ones are paid out in the event of death, It can also cover you for serious life changing injury. Coverage limits can range from a few thousand pounds up to £100,000. Some policies will also pay out for the cost of hospitalisation although you should confirm this with the insurer.
Does Comprehensive insurance not include all add-ons?
Whilst comprehensive policies definitely give you more coverage than third party insurance policies they aren’t entirely comprehensive. Whilst some fully comprehensive policies will include traditional insurance add-ons such as breakdown cover, there are many more comprehensive policies which will not include these as standards. The best thing to do is to compare multiple comprehensive car insurance policies to see which quotes offer you the best coverage. From there you can look into which add-ons you may benefit from and which ones you’ll need to include in your policy.
*51% of consumers could save £490.26 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next four cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from June 2023 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.