Car Insurance Oxford
Cheap Car Insurance for Oxford Drivers
- Compare 110+ providers and save up to £490*
- Access Cashback and Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Compare cheap car insurance quotes from over 110 UK providers, including
Looking to insure a car for less?
Compare quotes from over 110 car insurance companies
Our car insurance comparison services increases your chance of finding a great deal by comparing 110+ quotes side-by-side.
Buy your car insurance online or over the phone
Sign up online or over the phone, and choose from monthly or annual payment options.
Save on your insurance
One short form is all it takes to compare cheap car insurance policies from over 100 insurance providers.
Over three million users
Over 3 million people save money with us each year.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
The quote l got was the cheapest on all the comparison websites
I used other sites to get a car insurance. Quotezone was by far the best. I took a car insurance with an insurance company that they suggested. Since then I had an accident and the insurance company was great and I am very happy with them. To summaries I got a great deal from the financial aspects and also from the customer services aspects. I have already recommended Quotezone to a number of friends and as far as I know two of them have insured their cars via them.
4.89/5 from 38 customer reviews
Oxford Car Insurance
Home to world renowned universities and a large student population, Oxford is a popular choice for students from all over the world. Oxford is also a hotspot for tourism with many travelling far and wide to see the its cultural attractions year after year. Whilst this can allow for a vibrant and bustling city, it can also unfortunately increase the average premium charge paid by local motorists.
Why is Oxford more expensive?
Having a larger number of student or young drivers than average in an area can increase the statistical likelihood of an accident. High numbers of tourists can also increase the average congestion levels which in turn increase the chances of claims.
- Higher number of young drivers – There are over 20,000 students in the Oxford area, since students are typically younger than other motorists, this can increase the premiums of the local area.
- There are a high number of cyclists. Oxford has a high number of cyclists on its streets when compared to the UK average. Having more cyclists has been linked to higher numbers of accidents with motor vehicles. This can raise the premiums in the local area for all motorists.
- The narrow streets and high traffic congestion. The medieval streets of oxford can pose a challenge for modern traffic. Higher congestion caused by the old towns layout typically results in increased incidences of accidents, which insurers
- The high cost of living. Oxford is a relatively expensive city to live in. This means that insurers factor in the higher cost of living when setting their premiums.
Oxford car insurance stats
- Older drivers in Oxford enjoy the cheapest average car insurance premiums whilst younger drivers aged 21 have the highest premiums. In some instances premiums for young drivers could be up to 4 times more expensive.
- Third-party, fire and theft (TPFT) is the most common type of car insurance in Oxford. This type of cover may surprisingly not be the cheapest in all cases as insurers are a aware that riskier drivers tend to opt for the cheapest insurance type.
- Comprehensive insurance was the least popular coverage option in Oxford, this is likely due to the fact that these policies are typically the most expensive. This however is not always the case so be sure to hunt around for what options are actually the cheapest option for you.
How to get cheaper car insurance as an Oxford driver
There are a few things you can do to reduce the costs of your insurance premiums as an Oxford driver. Some things you unfortunately can’t change such as your age bracket, but there are some factors in your control which you can directly influence your premiums.
- Opt for a black box or telematics policy
- Park your car in a closed garage if possible
- Elect to pay more excess in order to get a cheaper premium
- Get a car in a lower insurance group
- Take a multi-car insurance if your family has multiple cars
- Avoid fines and claims
comparing car insurance
Regardless of where you live in the UK, you can still get a cheaper deal on your insurance by comparing as many quotes as possible before making a purchase. Many people make the mistake of finding a provider one year who offers them the cheapest car insurance only to allow that same policy to auto-renew in future. The reason why this is a bad idea is that by simply auto-renewing your policy without hunting around for other deals, you may miss out on the markets current best offers.
Quotezone has compiled a large panel of over 110 UK based insurance providers, making it easier than ever for you to quickly compare a large number of quotes from across the market in minutes.
*51% of consumers could save £490.26 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next four cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from June 2023 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.