Get cheap Cuba travel insurance quotes now
Compare Cuba Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Cuba Travel Insurance
Are you planning a trip to the vibrant island of Cuba? Cuba is a relatively new destination for tourists and offers a unique culture and rich experiences. Whether you plan to relish mojitos on the stunning beaches or enjoy a cigar in Old Havana, having the right Cuba travel insurance is your ticket to peace of mind and stress free adventures.
Cuba Travel Insurance from UK
Cuba requires all tourists to have travel insurance with medical coverage before entering the country. This rule is not one to ignore as it is strictly enforced, and authorities may ask for proof of your insurance on arrival. So it’s a smart move to keep your insurance documents handy and have printed copies with you in your hand luggage.
Cheapest Cuba Travel Insurance
Making comparisons between different insurance policies is key when you are looking for the cheapest Cuba travel insurance. You can quickly find prices and ensure you’re not overpaying for the same level of coverage.
At Quotezone.co.uk, rest assured that we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). So the policies and prices you get from us are entirely transparent and unbiased, helping you choose the best Cuba travel insurance policy for your needs and budget.
What type of insurance covers Cuba?
When looking for a travel insurance Cuba policy, you’ll need to make sure that it has worldwide coverage that includes the Caribbean. You can also choose different types of insurance depending on the length and style of your travels. Depending on your specific needs, you will be able to choose from:
- Single trip insurance – Ideal for short-term stays and single international trips within a year.
- Annual multi-trip insurance – Convenient if you take multiple holidays within a year as it will eliminate the need for buying separate coverage each time you travel.
- Backpacker insurance – Perfect for traversing multiple countries or islands in the Caribbean over an extended period.
What insurance coverage do I need to travel to Cuba?
Your specific travel plans play a significant role in choosing the right travel insurance to Cuba from UK. Consider the potential risks to you from the activities you plan to engage in, the time of year you are visiting, and any existing medical conditions you have.
Things to consider when choosing the level of coverage on your Cuba travel insurance include:
- Where you are travelling – This can indicate what risks you’ll most likely face. Is it pickpocketing in busy streets or possible injuries while doing water sports?
- Activities you plan to do – Risky activities like snorkelling, trekking or kayaking may need extra cover. Consider activity holiday insurance for these adventures in Cuba.
- The duration of your stay – Decide between single-trip insurance, annual multi-trip insurance, or backpacker insurance based on the length of your stay.
- Medical risks – If you have existing medical conditions or are more susceptible to illness, ensure adequate medical coverage. Medical facilities in Havana are better than elsewhere in Cuba, but specialist care can be expensive.
- Risk of cancellation – For trips booked far in advance, having coverage for cancellations is advisable as a lot of things can change between when you book and when you travel.
- Risks of natural disasters – Cuba is prone to hurricanes between June and November. Ensuring coverage for potential disruptions caused by such events during this time could be a good idea as water and power supplies in tourist areas have been affected by these in the past.
- Unexpected events – Cuba has had protests in recent years that have the potential to repeat. Never travel if advised against it by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) as insurance will not cover your journey. It’s important to keep up with the latest travel advice for Cuba in the run-up to your holiday.
What does Cuba travel insurance cover?
Travel insurance for Cuba gives you a wide range of coverage for your travels so you have somewhere to turn to for help when things go wrong. Coverage typically includes:
- Protection for travel issues:
- Cancellation – Reimbursement for your trip expenses if it is cancelled for reasons outlined in your policy.
- Curtailment – Covers costs when you have to cut short your holiday due to reasons listed in your policy.
- Delayed baggage – Covers you for essential items if your luggage is delayed.
- Health and medical insurance:
- Medical expenses – Assistance with emergency medical treatment and additional accommodation expenses due to accidents or illness.
- Repatriation – Ensures your return to the UK for medical reasons or in the case of death.
- Hospital benefit – Can provide a daily allowance for hospital stays.
- Personal accident – Covers serious injuries resulting in death or permanent disablement.
- Finances and possessions cover:
- Personal liability – Covers damages for which you’re legally liable.
- Lost documents – Reimburse you for the cost of replacing lost documents.
- Baggage loss – Protection against lost or stolen baggage.
- Theft – Financial support for stolen belongings.
- Personal property and money – Covers lost, stolen, or damaged possessions within the policy limits.
What is not covered by Cuba travel insurance?
Certain things are typically excluded from Cuba travel insurance, such as:
- Undisclosed pre-existing medical conditions – You must disclose all existing medical conditions to your insurer or you could risk invalidating your insurance.
- Substance use – Injuries that happen under the influence of drugs or alcohol may not be covered.
- High-risk activities – Certain extreme sports may require additional coverage, and if you do not have this on your Cuba travel insurance they will not be covered.
- Terrorism and civil unrest – Review your policy to ensure coverage during these events.
- Natural disasters – Some insurers might not cover these, especially in areas like Cuba which are susceptible to such events, but it can often be added on to a policy at extra cost.
- Illegal actions – Claims resulting from illegal activities won’t be covered, and it’s your responsibility to know and comply with local laws in Cuba.
Is Cuba classed as the Caribbean on travel insurance?
Yes, Cuba is in the Caribbean and is covered under insurance that covers the Caribbean. It’s important to make this distinction when buying travel insurance to Cuba from UK as your options will usually be worldwide cover, or worldwide cover that excludes the USA, Caribbean and Mexico.
Do UK passport holders need a visa for Cuba?
As well as needing Cuba travel insurance from UK, if you are travelling to Cuba for leisure you will also need a tourist card. You can apply for these before you arrive and they are currently valid for 30 days. The full details on entry requirements of Cuba are subject to change at short notice so it’s important to stay updated on these.
A trip to Cuba is a promise of adventure and cultural experiences. With the right Cuba travel insurance, you’ll embark on your journey fully prepared for a memorable holiday.