Car Insurance for Key Workers
Compare Car Insurance Quotes for Key Workers
- Compare 110+ providers & save up to £262*
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Search and compare cheap quotes from over 110 UK insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search over 110 different car insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your car policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
The quote l got was the cheapest on all the comparison websites
I used other sites to get a car insurance. Quotezone was by far the best. I took a car insurance with an insurance company that they suggested. Since then I had an accident and the insurance company was great and I am very happy with them. To summaries I got a great deal from the financial aspects and also from the customer services aspects. I have already recommended Quotezone to a number of friends and as far as I know two of them have insured their cars via them.
4.89/5 from 38 customer reviews
Car Insurance for Key Workers – Compare Cheap Quotes
You probably already know that most car insurance providers will ask for your occupation when you’re comparing quotes or signing up for a new policy, and you may know that the reason they ask that is that your occupation is one of the variables insurers use to calculate your car insurance premiums.
The reason this is factored into the insurance premium calculation is that insurance claims data and motoring conviction data suggest that people in certain professions have a lower risk of being involved in an at-fault accident, claiming on their car insurance, having their licences endorsed with penalty points or receiving driving convictions, which means anyone in those professions are seen as lower risk to the insurer.
Are nurses and police officers the only types of key workers that benefit from cheaper insurance quotes?
No, not necessarily.
Nurses and police officers do benefit from some of the cheapest car insurance premiums, but while other key workers like doctors and HGV drivers often pay a bit more than nurses they do still tend to benefit from cheaper average quotes than many other professions.
It’s also worth bearing in mind that some insurance providers offer discounts and offers for key workers, so it’s worth taking any of these extras into consideration as well when you’re comparing providers.
What other variables might influence the premium a key worker is quoted for car insurance?
Although your occupation is a risk factor that will almost always be factored into the insurance premium calculation, it probably goes without saying that a wide range of other variables will influence your car insurance quotes as well.
For instance, your location, the crime rate in your area, your own criminal record, your driving record, the type of car you drive and where you park your car when you aren’t driving it can all influence the cost of your insurance, so if some of those other variables indicate that you’re a riskier driver then your premiums are likely to be a lot higher even if you are a key worker.
How can keyworkers find cheaper car insurance quotes?
If you aren’t offered cheap car insurance as a key worker (for instance, because you have points on your licence of you’ve recently claimed on your car insurance for an at-fault accident) there are still a few steps you can take to increase your odds of reducing your premium, even if those other factors mean your policy might not be something you’d class as ‘cheap’.
Firstly, you should shop around for the best deals rather than automatically accepting your existing provider’s renewal quote.
In addition, the following steps might help to reduce your premium a little:
- Parking your car off the road when you aren’t driving it – cars that are parked on the side of the road have a higher risk of being side-swiped being a passing car or targeted by thieves, and that higher risk often translates into higher premiums. If you can park on a driveway or in a private garage you should benefit from cheaper insurance quotes.
- Paying annually – Although paying for your insurance on a monthly basis is likely to be more convenient, particularly if your premium is very high, you will pay interest on your policy during the course of the year, which will push up the overall cost of your policy. If you can afford to pay annually this could save you as much as 15% to 20%.
- Opting for a telematics insurance policy – While some drivers don’t like telematics policies because of the restrictions they sometimes impose, it’s worth considering if your premium for a standard car insurance policy would be too costly otherwise. A telematics insurance policy (or a black box insurance policy, as it’s more commonly known) could help to bring your insurance costs down quite a bit, specifically because the restrictions and the tracking data reduces the risk to the insurance provider.
*51% of consumers could save £290.68 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next three cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from November 2021 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.