Compare China Travel Insurance
Cheap Travel Insurance for China
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
China Travel Insurance
China is the third largest country in the world, so every region gives you a distinct culture to explore. Whether you’re visiting the chaotic cities or serene countryside, every corner has its own distinct languages, cuisines, and customs to learn. But it’s also important to be aware of the challenges and risks of travelling in China.
China’s strict internet regulations means that platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp are often inaccessible. And this can leave you feeling disconnected from your support system and information sources.
That’s where China travel insurance steps in as your safety net, offering assistance when unforeseen circumstances arise, such as trip cancellations, medical emergencies, or legal issues.
China Travel Insurance from UK
Unlike many European countries you might be used to, China doesn’t provide any state funded emergency medical care for visitors. So if you need medical care on your holiday the expenses could quickly add up.
Additionally, China poses risks like air pollution and theft, and you could be especially vulnerable in crowded cities and on public transport. With China travel insurance, you can safeguard your health and financial well being, ensuring peace of mind during your journey.
Cheap China Travel Insurance
Considering the cost of travel plans, it’s only natural to want to find cheap travel insurance for China. Comparing prices from multiple insurers can help you keep costs down, and at Quotezone.co.uk, we give you a hassle free comparison with one single, straightforward form.
How much does China travel insurance cost?
China will be covered by worldwide travel insurance policies. These are also sold as worldwide cover that excludes the USA, Caribbean and Mexico, and this can be the cheaper option provided you do not need coverage for these countries on the same trip.
It’s impossible to give one blanket cost of travel insurance to China as it varies from policy to policy. But you can get some idea by being aware of what factors insurers use to set your travel insurance China premiums. These include:
- Your age – Younger travellers often enjoy lower premiums, as they are statistically less likely to make claims.
- Your health – Pre-existing medical conditions can affect your costs. But you’ll still need to be honest with your insurer in order to get valid insurance coverage.
- Duration of your trip – Longer stays typically result in higher premiums.
- Your destination – Insurers assess the risks associated with your chosen destination within China and adjust your premium accordingly.
- Luggage and personal possessions – If you have a lot of high value items requiring protection, these will affect your premium.
- Planned activities – Engaging in high-risk activities like trekking, climbing or skydiving may necessitate additional coverage.
- The type of insurance you choose – This will depend on your travel plans. Single trip travel insurance is a better choice for a one off holiday, while an annual travel insurance policy is beneficial if you travel multiple times a year.
Do I need travel insurance for China?
While not a legal requirement, travel insurance is highly recommended when visiting China. It provides essential protection when things go wrong.
Travel related risks can range from minor inconveniences like phone theft to major expenses such as covering lost baggage, accommodation during flight delays, or specialised medical treatment. And these are the ones that can lead to serious financial implications if you have to cover them alone.
What will China travel insurance cover?
China travel insurance from UK offers coverage for various aspects of your trip, including:
- Cancellation and curtailment – It helps reimburse expenses in case your trip is cancelled or cut short due to reasons specified in your policy.
- Delayed and lost baggage – Covers necessary items like clothing and toiletries if your luggage is delayed for over 12 hours.
- Medical expenses – Assists with emergency medical treatment, which is particularly inportant with China’s expensive medical costs.
- Repatriation – Ensures you can return to the UK for medical treatment or arranges transport home in the event of your passing.
- Personal accident – Provides coverage for injuries leading to death, loss of limb, loss of sight, or permanent total disablement.
- Personal liability – Covers legal damages you might be liable to pay in case of injury to a third party.
- Personal property, money, and documents – Protects personal possessions, lost, stolen, or damaged items, with limitations and sub-limits for valuable items.
What is not covered by China travel insurance?
There are certain exclusions you should be aware of when buying China travel insurance:
- Undeclared pre-existing medical conditions – Not disclosing these conditions to your insurer could invalidate your insurance.
- Drugs and alcohol use – Injuries or accidents that happen while under the influence may not be covered.
- Extreme sports – High-risk activities often require additional coverage, typically available as an add-on.
- Unexpected incidents – Events like terrorism, civil unrest, or natural disasters may not be covered, but you can often add this coverage to your policy.
- Traveling against government advice – Always check the latest updates from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) website before travelling to China.
- Breaking the law – Claims resulting from illegal activities are generally denied, so it’s crucial to know and comply with the laws of China on your visit.
Do I need a visa to travel to China from UK?
Visa requirements for travelling to China depend on your destination within the country. If you’re staying in Hong Kong or Macao, you will not need a visa.
However, for mainland China, including the Hainan Islands, a visa is required. You can get these from visa application centres in the UK before you travel.
What our experts say:
“While the risk of an accident, illness or other issue while you’re abroad isn’t likely to be the first thing that comes to mind when you’re planning your trip, the truth is that things can go wrong no matter where you are. Travel insurance can offer travellers the peace of mind that they’ll be protected from financial impact if their time away doesn’t go according to plan.” – Greg Wilson, Founder and CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
Your adventure should begin with finding the right China travel insurance cover. And we are here to make it simple by quickly comparing 30 UK travel insurers so you can get the coverage you need.