Get cheap Vietnam travel insurance quotes now
Cheap Vietnam Travel Insurance
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Travel insurance to Vietnam from the UK
Vietnam has so much to offer. You can grab the authentic version of its world-famous street foods or one of the craft wares that they have perfected over history. And when you’ve had your fill, Vietnam’s naturally beautiful caves, forests and beaches are all there to explore.
Whether you’re travelling Vietnam via motorbike or luxury train, there is so much to take in in this vibrant, culturally rich and unique country.
And knowing the risks you’ll face is essential to finding the best travel insurance for Vietnam for you. It can help protect you from unexpected expenses or accidents, so you can get back to your holiday quickly when things go wrong.
Travel insurance for Vietnam from the UK can help with medical expenses, holiday cancellations, lost luggage and much more. And if you are planning on any adrenaline-fueled activities, it can cover you for these too.
Cheap Vietnam Travel Insurance
The price of travel insurance for Vietnam can vary a lot depending on your holiday plans. But if you want to find the cheapest travel insurance for Vietnam, one of the fastest ways to do this is to compare insurance policies to find the best price for the coverage you need.
At Quotezone.co.uk, we are regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and we give you quick comparisons across trusted UK travel insurers so you can find insurance at the right price for your travel budget.
How much does Vietnam travel insurance cost?
Travel insurance outside of Europe can be more expensive because of medical care and repatriation costs. And the cost of your specific premium will also depend on factors like:
- Your destination – If you plan to visit various countries in Southeast Asia on the same trip, you could benefit from worldwide travel insurance, as this will cover multiple countries on one policy.
- Your age – Generally speaking, older travellers are quoted higher premiums because they are more likely to make claims or have more medical needs.
- Planned activities – If you will be doing activities like watersports, motorbiking or taking hiking or forest tours, you could need extra coverage at an additional cost.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – If you have existing health problems your insurance can cost more, or you might need a specialist insurer who will cover your needs.
- The length of your trip – If you are backpacking or travelling for a longer period your insurance can be pricier, simply because there is more time for things to go wrong.
- Coverage type – Whether you choose a single trip, annual travel, or backpacker insurance policy, each will come at a different cost.
What’s the best Vietnam travel insurance?
The best travel insurance for Vietnam for you depends on your personal and travel needs. Vietnam will be covered under worldwide travel insurance which is available in three main policy types. Once you’ve chosen one, it can be further tailored to your needs with additional coverage and add-ons.
- Single trip insurance – Gives you coverage for one-off, short-tern holidays to Vietnam.
- Annual multi-trip insurance – This can be a cost-effective choice if you travel frequently as it lets you cover multiple trips on one insurance policy.
- Backpacker insurance – As the name suggests, this is ideal for backpacking as it protects you on long-term travels across multiple countries.
Do I need travel insurance for Vietnam?
Vietnam travel insurance from the UK isn’t compulsory. However, there is a reason that it is so strongly recommended. Travel insurance can protect your personal and financial well-being, and is especially important in Vietnam where you will need to pay for any medical attention you need.
Without this coverage, you risk facing high or accumulating medical bills as well as any expenses related to lost luggage, stolen belongings, and paying for accommodation if flights are cancelled.
And with thieves, pickpockets and scams operating throughout Vietnam, this could be something you rely on to replace your essential personal items. Travelling insurance-free is simply not a risk worth taking.
What type of travel insurance do I need for Vietnam?
Vietnam travel insurance policies will of course cover you for common low-risk activities like swimming or sightseeing. But for more hazardous activities, it’s important to have holiday activity coverage.
Activities that can require additional coverage include:
- Water sports like scuba diving, sailing or white water rafting.
- Trekking or climbing, especially at high altitudes like Vietnam’s Mount Fansipan.
- Caving and spelunking including in Son Doong, or Paradise caves.
- Motorcycle or scooter touring through the popular routes of Vietnam.
- Bungee jumping, paragliding, and skydiving.
- Firearms activities.
- Rainforest and wildlife tours.
What do I need to enter Vietnam?
If you’re a British national visiting Vietnam for under 45 days, you won’t need a visa. But you will need to make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from when you enter Vietnam, that it has two blank pages, and is not damaged, as this could cause issues on arrival.
However, if you are planning a gap year or extended trip to work or study in Vietnam, you could need a visa before you travel. Staying beyond your visa limits is taken seriously and could result be delays from further travel until you pay a fine, or even be prevented from entering Vietnam in the future.
Your Vietnamese adventure starts with finding the right travel insurance for Vietnam. And we are here to make it a quick and easy process for you. Compare quotes from 30 trusted UK travel insurers quickly to find the coverage you need for a worry-free holiday in Vietnam.